This is a card we made with the set at a lovely workshop this week:
I love using the Top Note die to create shadow layers and when you sponge a background onto it, the ink really highlights the stitched effect.
Who wants to cut out fiddly legs? And who needs to? It's easy to cut out the bird minus his legs and, if you stamp the bird on the background and then pop up the cut-out body over the top, his legs magically appear!
Seam binding is the softest, prettiest ribbon around at the moment and so easy to knot or tie into a perfect bow. It's shown here in Pear Pizzazz but also comes in delicious Baja Breeze, Rose Red and Crumb Cake - SO difficult to choose a favourite!
The sentiments from Sincere Salutations set are perfect for this style of card and I like to ink them with markers to highlight some words with colour.
Here's how to make this card:
- Stack an A6 piece of Whisper White and an A6 piece of Rose Red card stock together and run through the Big Shot with the Top Note die. I love how the Big Shot cuts more than one piece of card stock at once!
- Sponge a sky using Bashful Blue ink on the top two thirds of the Whisper White Top Note shape. Tear a piece of scrap paper to use as a mask and hold it over the sky while you lightly sponge in a ground with Early Espresso ink. Pay particular attention to the edges of the card stock to highlight the 'stitching' on the Top Note shape.
- Ink the bird image with Soft Suede and stamp onto the sponged ground. Ink it up again and add definition to the wing and the eye with a Chocolate Chip marker. Stamp the bird onto a piece of scrap Whisper White card stock and cut it out - TIP: don't worry about cutting round the fiddly legs of the bird. When you pop the cut-out onto the stamped bird with dimensionals, the stamped legs appear to be attached.
- Use markers to ink the plant image and stamp a couple of plants to the left of the bird and one to the right.
- Ink a sentiment with markers and add it to the scene using a stamp-a-majig for position.
- Glue the scene to the Rose Red Top Note shape letting some of the Rose Red card stock show.
- Snip the points off the left-hand side of the shape. Punch a hole with the 1/8" handheld punch and knot a piece of Pear Pizzazz seam binding through it.
- Score and fold an A5 piece of Very Vanilla card stock to create a card base and mount the Top Note panel onto the card front.
Stamps: Nature Walk, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Bashful Blue, Early Espresso, Soft Suede
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Rose Red
Other: Markers, 1/8" handheld punch, Top Note die, Pear Pizzazz seam binding
Can you believe it's Friday already? I refuse to even think how much of the holidays have gone by!
Thank you so much for dropping in today. Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to come back on Monday for some male card inspiration!