Here's the fathers' day card I whipped up with it:
But the sentiment could easily be changed to make it suitable for other occasions - the set contains a 'happy birthday' and a 'thank you' in the same fabulous font:
I love the plane image, which can look as if it's banking over the trees as in this photo...
... or nose-diving towards the ground as here!
Here's a close-up of the trees which were made very simply by stamping and twisting the tree stamp onto an area sponged with Old Olive, then stamped again on top.
Very simple and very quick! I am loving this set now and I really enjoyed making today's card, which reminds me of an illustration in a '50s adventure book for boys!
Here's how to make the card:
- Cut a 13.5cm x 9cm piece of Whisper White card stock.
- Quickly sponge it all over with Bashful Blue ink. Add Old Olive ink at the bottom and up the left-hand side a little way.
- Stamp the plane image using Basic Grey ink.
- Add a sentiment in Real Red ink, using a stamp-a-majig to make sure it's straight.
- Take the oak tree from the Lovely as a Tree set. Ink it up with Old Olive ink and stamp the top of it along the bottom of the panel with a slight twisting action, continuing up the left-hand side where you've sponged Old Olive ink. Stamp the top of the oak tree again, slightly higher this time and without the twist.
- Score and fold an A5 piece of Whisper White card stock in half to make a card base. Attach the panel.
Stamps: Plane and Simple, Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Real Red
Card stock: Whisper White
In case you're interested, I had a wonderful day out with my youngest son yesterday. Over lunch, I learned all the plot lines from the latest Star Wars TV series - fascinating! - and watched him cheerfully munch his way through mounds of his favourite pasta and crane his neck around a large dish of toffee crunch ice cream waffle! Actually, it doesn't matter what he talks about as he is so enthusiastic about life he makes everything sound interesting!
Thank you for joining me for Three Minute Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with a card we made at a lovely party this week. Hope to see you then,