Sponged scenes are simple to make using just a few 'nature' stamps, some ink pads and some bits of sponge.
This scene is given a lift by the addition of one of the butterflies from the new Embosslits die called Beautiful Wings. This die is exclusive to Stampin' Up - as are most of the dies and folders in the mini catalogue. For those that are wondering what Embosslits are - they not only cut intricate shapes, but also emboss them beautifully when you run them with card stock through your die-cutting machine.
The butterflies come in a variety of sizes and designs and, of course, you can make them in any colour you choose!
I edged my scene with the spiral border punch and stamped the sentiment underneath in Bravo Burgundy - a colour that's often overlooked, but that I find invaluable.
Here's a close-up of some of those Embosslits Beautiful Wings butterflies - I love the way they add texture and dimension to the card.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 7cm x 21cm piece of Crumb Cake card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base. (Note - this is not a standard size as I wasn't using envelopes for these cards.) Sponge the edges of the card front with Whisper White craft ink.
- Cut a 6cm x 7cm piece of Whisper White card stock. Sponge the top two thirds with Marina Mist ink and the bottom third with Old Olive ink.
- Build up a scene with 'nature' stamps, stamping several times before re-inking the stamps to give depth to your scene. Finish with a focal stamp, such as the grasses I've used here, stamped in Bravo Burgundy and angled to lead the eye up to the right-hand corner. Place an Embosslits Beautiful Wings butterfly here with Sticky Strip or a glue dot.
- Sponge round the edges of the grass area with Old Olive ink, then the extreme edges with Soft Suede ink.
- Glue the panel to the card front and finish with a sentiment stamped in Bravo Burgundy, using a stamp-a-majig for position.
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Autumn Days, Just Believe
Ink: Whisper White craft ink, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Bravo Burgundy
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White plus scrap of coloured card stock for the butterfly
Other: Spiral border punch, Beautiful Wings Embosslits die
We have been pretty much basking in sunshine since last week, but the weather forecast is gloomy for today. So, I'm going to take my youngest son out for the day. We will shop at his favourite establishments (Lego Store and Games Workshop!), have a spot of lunch so that I can benefit from his entertaining conversation and finish up watching Rio at the cinema. Sigh - what a top day! I get to have a special days with each of my other children too this holiday, so I'll get a wide range of conversation and a variety of activities. I LOVE the holidays!
Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you're having a great week too. I'll be in masculine mood for Three Minute Thursday tomorrow if you'd care to join me. Hope to see you then,