The lid of the box and the main panel on the card are made with the Manhattan Flower embossing folder which, when inked before inserting the card stock, produces this interesting effect.
I used Melon Mambo ink, which contrasts beautifully with the raised white outline of the flowers, and teamed it with Rich Razzleberry and silver accents.
This styled silver frame from the Hodgepodge Hardware set was perfect for this project. The set contains heaps of different sized and shaped frames as well as a variety of silver brads in different sizes.
Here's a close-up of the lid of the box. It's tied up with the fabulous 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Rich Razzleberry and I added tags cut out with the Medium Jewellery punch. Can you see that one of the tags is silver? That was made by rubbing my versamark pad over a scrap of Whisper White card stock, sprinkling with silver embossing powder and heating with my heat tool. Straight afterwards, I used more versamark to stamp a tag outline from the Tiny Tags stamp set and embossed that with silver too. TIP: I've found it's best to pierce the hole before punching out with the tag punch.
Here's how to make this card:
- Brayer Melon Mambo ink over the debossed side of the Manhattan Flowers embossing folder - the side without the raised flower outlines. Insert a 12cm square piece of Whisper White card stock and run it though the Big Shot (Use this sandwich: Tab 1, Cutting pad, embossing folder with card stock, other cutting pad).
- Cut the resulting embossed card stock down to a 10.5cm square and curve one corner with a corner rounder.
- Mount the panel onto an 11cm square of Rich Razzleberry card stock.
- Stamp a sentiment onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Hold the Hodgepodge frame over it and cut it to size. Trim the shape down very slightly so that it won't be visible outside the frame and glue to the frame. Mount the frame onto the main panel using a paper piercer and the small silver brads from the Hodgepodge set.
- Cut a 12cm x 24cm piece of Whisper White card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base and attach the panel to the card front.
Stamps: Happy Moments (retired sale-a-bration set)
Ink: Melon Mambo
Card stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Other: Manhattan Flowers embossing folder, Hodgepodge Hardware
I wish I'd thought to take a photo of the earrings that were inside this box. They were very ornate drop earrings, all glittering crystals and pearls. Not everyone could wear them - but my beautiful friend could carry them off perfectly.
We're still having beautiful sunshine (apart from a sprinkling of rain yesterday) and, at mealtimes, my boys have to be dragged in from deep in the undergrowth outside. They appear with twigs in their hair and blackened fingernails - and I am happy! They are not plugged into an electronic device but are being Proper Boys!
Hope you're having a good week. I have one of my sponged projects to show you tomorrow - with an added dimension! Hope you can join me,