Hmmm. I had a think while cleaning up - nothing like a mop and bucket to focus the mind! Here's what I thought of while wearing the Marigolds:
What with fathers' day coming up on the 19th June, this graphic stamp came to mind. It's just the simplest card ever - as all my cards are, let's face it! - a Crumb Cake card base with the stamp in the middle.
I inked the image up first with versamark then with Old Olive ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. This is very old embossing powder and has gone quite bitty, but I think that just adds to the manly effect! After embossing I coloured in the text with a Daffodil Delight marker (not quite so manly but he won't know that it's Daffodil Delight - he'll think it's yellow!)
Did I stop there? Of course not! I needed to see what it would look like in other colours!
Oh yum! I love Pacific Point with Tempting Turquoise text...
... and Real Red with Pumpkin Pie text is quite delicious too! I would have carried on but people started coming downstairs talking wistfully about breakfast! (Come to think of it, I seem a little peckish too!)
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut an 18cm x 9cm piece of Crumb Cake card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
- Use a sponge dauber to sponge a little Whisper White craft ink round the edges of the card front.
- You'll need a stamp-a-majig to centre your image, so stamp it on the imaging sheet now with using any dark classic ink.
- Clean the stamp and dry it, then ink it up first with versamark then with coloured classic ink and stamp it in the centre of the card front using the stamp-a-majig to make sure it's in the centre and straight. TIP: When using a block-style image like this one, really press hard all over the stamp to make sure the image comes out evenly.
- Sprinkle the stamped image with clear embossing powder and heat with your heat tool until the image turns shiny.
- Colour inside the text with a marker.
Stamps: Occasional Greetings
Ink: Pacific Point or Real Red or Old Olive, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Crumb Cake
Other: Tempting Turquoise or Pumpkin Pie or Daffodil Delight markers, clear embossing powder
Thanks Mandi and Chrissie for giving us LiMettes hours of fun! I know there are many other crafters beavering away at this challenge as I type - and I'm looking forward to seeing them all!
Don't forget to check out my weekly series Masculine Monday for more male card inspiration.
See you soon,