Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Masculine Monday – fathers' day country-style

Good morning! It's Masculine Monday here at Crafting Clare's Paper Moments and with fathers' day coming up on the 19th June, I have another fathers' day card to show you. Of course with a different sentiment fathers' day cards are perfect for other male occasions so it would be easy to adapt this one!


This is a one-layer card using my favourite Confetti card stock as a base. It's a design that would be great for a outdoors, country-living kind of a guy!


Don't you just love this pheasant from the Autumn Days stamp set?! He looks exactly as dippy as pheasants always do!


And here's my favourite fathers' day sentiment from Plane and Simple - simple but effective.

Here's how to make this card:

  • Take an A5 piece of Confetti White card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
  • Roughly sponge the right-hand side of the card with Bashful Blue ink to make a sky. Tear a piece of scrap paper and use it as a mask over the sky. Sponge a little Old Olive ink over the bottom of the card to create a ground. Add a little Soft Suede at the edges. 
  • Colour the pheasant stamp with More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Garden Green markers. Stamp over the 'ground'. Now build up the foreground with grass stamps - I used one from Pocket Silhouettes as well as the gorgeous grass stalk from Autumn Days - using the Old Olive and Soft Suede inks.
  • Use a stamp-a-majig to add a sentiment in Basic Black ink.

Supplies
Stamps: Autumn Days, Pocket Silhouettes, Plane and Simple
Ink: Bashful Blue, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede, Basic Black
Card stock: Confetti White
Other: More Mustard, Cajun Craze and Garden Green markers

Here's the good news: my camera has risen from its sick bed and is skipping about taking photos again! Yay!! Thank you for all your messages of support - I really appreciated them. It's wonderful to hear from people who understand that losing your camera is a major disaster! The bad news of course is that it cost an arm and a leg to sort out... Between my dentist and the camera shop I have no doubt that I shall soon be destitute!

Thank you for popping in today. Tomorrow I shall be back with a dotty project!
Hope to see you then,

13 comments:

  1. Having never met a pheasant I will have to take your word for it that they always look "dippy"! If I ever DO meet a pheasant I will tell him you said that!! Anyway its a great card-glad your camera is well again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Vicky, love the colours on Mr Pheasant and another great stamped scene :)Yep they sure are dippy...we get them in our garden and they can never remember how to get out!!! I have to shoo them out before the dog does :(
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Vicky, love the colours on the pheasant.
    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely Father's Day card Vicky. We had to stop the car the other day as there was a female pheasant walking to the middle of the road looking like she would cross in front of us, then she looked up as if to say "What are YOU doing here?" and promptly turned round and went back the way she'd come! So I'm in agreement with the "dippy" comment!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I concur pheasants are dippy - yours though is magnificent. Love the way you have stamped him along with your fab background - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card for a man,they are so difficult to do.We have a flock of Pheasants that call daily to my neighbours house as he puts corn out for them, and then they take a dip in the stream at the bottom of our garden.They are a great fasination to Monty(my retreiver) who lies and watches them for hours through the fence before the cock bird calls and they all fly off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another lovely card, you have got the pheasant colours just right. Why are they so daft, no wonder they get shot so easily!
    Glad that your camera has been mended maybe you could start bartering cards for repairs and dentistry!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome as ever! Autumn Days was the first SU stamp set I ever purchased & it's still one of my favorites so I'm glad that it's obviously one of your favorites too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Vicky
    Love love love this card! I don't know how you do it but your cards are always amazing!
    Are you going to convention - I may be your stalker!
    stacex

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually gasped when I scrolled down to see this card - it's visually stunning. The colors, the placement of your images and all that white space are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome and very artsy, wish I was a father now :D Wouldnt mind getting such a card as well! Have a lovely day, Vicky!
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love this card and stamp set Vicky but i find it hard to colour but yours is perfect Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card, Vicky. That pheasant looks so realistic that I thought that it must've been patterned paper or a sticker or something. Really great father's day card for the outdoorsy, country sort. :)
    And now I'm all caught up with you again. Thought I better do it tonight since I'll be gone all day tomorrow and won't have time to enjoy coffee and your blog in the morning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)