Pages

Saturday 30 July 2011

A fruity hello!

I'm sneaking in very quickly today with a quick card for this week's Less is More challenge where Chrissie and Mandi are asking for fruity cards. I have trips to pack for, birthdays to organise, workshops to prepare for... and the last thing I should be doing is making cards! Fellow LiMettes will understand I'm sure - I couldn't miss it could I?!!

When I think of fruit, the Tart and Tangy stamp set springs to mind and, since my frazzled brain couldn't decide which of the yummy fruit to choose, I've made a fruit salad! Come and see:


The sun is out here in Buckingham today so I thought I'd go bright and zingy with a Tempting Turquoise card base! I stamped the fruit, cut them out (punches make this quick and easy), chopped some of them up and arranged them in a border.


Here's a close-up which I've just realised is a bit blurry! (Sorry - I've lost my turbo glasses and am having to make do with some really weak ones that mean I keep bumping into things!) The 'hello' is from the Hello Again stamp set which happened to be out on my desk.


Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Hello Again
Ink: Peach Parfait, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Real Red
Card stock: Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Other: Markers
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

Okay, fun over. Just off to clear up, make a birthday cake, wrap some prezzies... my boy's turning into a teenager tomorrow. He shares a birthday with Harry Potter - how cool is that?! Once, at the beginning of Potter mania, he came to me and told me that he was having a lot of difficulty seeing things. Things seemed quite blurred he said, looking at me with his enormous blue eyes. I immediately whisked him off to the opticians where the first inkling I had that he wasn't being entirely truthful was when he headed straight for the Harry Potter display and gazed wistfully at the round spectacles. When the optician brought him out she seemed quite worried. "He tells me that his vision is quite blurred but I've done all the tests and can't find a thing wrong," she said. I'm sure I went right down in her esteem when I said airily that I expected he would grow out of it and beat a hasty retreat!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's fruity creations this week, but that will have to wait until I've got my chores done!  I'll be back here on Monday with a masculine card - my son's birthday card of course! See you then,

49 comments:

  1. A veritable fruit cocktail! Smashing card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Vicky, my dear Vycky you remember me the Mr. Rabbit of Alice in wonderland, i'm to late,i'm to late...:D i think you're very busy, well this is the mums world :D, i'm undertand you...
    Fantastic card Vicky, remember me a bowl of fresh macedonia...very summery, i love the dimension of fruit and the colours, well done.:D
    Happy Potter bithday(i love the Harry Potter books), a hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very bright and beautiful. Loved the story about your boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't got this set, pity as I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you have got a busy day planned! Love the card, the fruit stamps are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very juicy card Vicky, I hope you've got some Pimms to put the fruit in??

    Hope your son has a great birthday

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky
    You are amazing ...what a Wow!!!! card love it to bits ...i have this stamp set never in a million years would i have thought of that....Stunning ...Happy birthday to your gorgeous Son ....
    hugs
    sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks luscious Vicky, I'm so glad you made time for us again!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Lady LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. A FABULOUS fruit cocktail Vicky and lovely summer colours, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, Fabulous card, soo fruity it's luscious, have a great weekend, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous! Vicky. Lovely summer fruit cocktail and perfect LIM card! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The background is fantastic and makes the entire card look YUMMIE! Janna :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy card, good enough to eat:)
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good enough to pop into my Pimm's :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific as always Vicky
    A very happy birthday to your teenager!
    wishing you all a fabulous day

    Thanks for entering whist you are so busy
    Diva LIM
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Vicky

    A stunning and fabulous card - I love it. The fruit is just perfect to eat.

    You have me tired just thinking of all of your chores.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, Vicky! Love the "fruity arrangement"! My card is here

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh very fruitilicious ( think I made that word up lol)Fabulous as always.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is brilliant Vicky. Enjoy your weekend and don't work too hard. Happy birthday to the birthday boy!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just such fun and fruity card - it's fab!

    Love the story about your son - wishing him a very Happy Birthday. They do grow up so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fruitastic card there Vicky!

    Hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Brilliant card Vicky, not content with lining the fruit up, you come up with the idea of a fruit salad! inspired thinking :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving the bright colours you have used , really fun card you have done
    Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really great love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous and fruity a bit like yourself ! Great card very zesty ! happy bithday for your son tomorrow oh the joys of being a teenager.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fabulous fruity cocktail Vicky and I love the turquoise base. xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fab card again Vicky, the fruit looks so juicy too!! you made me laugh what you said at the optician's he he :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very fruity Vicky, I love this set too. Good luck with your new teenager, I'm on the countdown now before I get my first one !! A xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such a bright and cheery card - TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous, fruity card
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Vicky, your card is perfect. The choice of colors is just fabulous. It's making me hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love fruit salad! This is beautiful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fruity and zingy!!! Brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Vicky

    A gorgeous fruit salad creation .. .. shame there isn't a touch of bubble gum ice-cream to go with it LOL!!!

    Hope you survived the birthday celebrations.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely card Vicky, those fruit pieces look good enough to eat. Love the story of the Harry Potter glasses, cheered me up no end.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely fruit salad, Vicky! And that turquoise background really makes it all pop!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Vicky,

    your card is really fruity, for me this was a very difficult challenge since I haven't got a single piece of fruit in my stampcollection. It's always on top of something more yummy ;)

    Hugs,

    Lins x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great card, love the colour combo, fruity and zingy good enough to eat

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your fruit coctail and it looks all the zesty on the turquoise base. x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your fruit salad, Vicky. Great colors and you've arranged all the pieces beautifully! :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love the fruit salad, but I have to admit that I love the Harry Potter story even more!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Ooh very fruity! Lol, fab card, love the bright colours :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love this-it's made my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wow wow wow stunning Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  45. Gorgeous card Vicky, love the colours and simple design :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)