Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

Easy Events in greyish blue!

I had such an exciting day yesterday, unveiling some of the goodies in the new Stampin' Up catalogue, that for once I didn't get the chance to make a card for the fabulous Less is More challenge! This week the challenge is to make a card in the colour of your eyes and, since my eyes are an intoxicating shade of violet, I couldn't let it pass... Ha ha - only kidding! They're actually a nondescript greyish blue although if you look closely (which I did, much to the amusement of my daughter!) they do have sort of hazel flecks in them. Here's the card I made:


I'm using a new set which I have no hesitation in crowning The Most Useful Set In The Catalogue! There are eight varied images with sentiments that cover pretty much every occasion you could imagine. The best thing is that you can cut the sentiments away from the images and mount them on the side of the blocks or on spare blocks which gives you 16 versatile stamps for a ridiculous £1.87 per stamp!


I chose the pretty flower image, stamping it repeatedly in Basic Grey ink after masking the bottom of the card front. The flowers are coloured with a blender pen and Bashful Blue ink, with More Mustard dotted in with a marker and a shadow added in grey watercolour pencil. I edged a strip of Bashful Blue card stock with the Scallop Edge border punch and used a stamp-a-majig to stamp it with one of the stitches on the In Stitches jumbo wheel (I've unmounted mine and split it into separate stamps - click here for details.) The card was finished with a few tiny pearls.


I love the handwriting style of the sentiments in this set and with eight to choose from you're spoilt for choice!

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Easy Events, In Stitches jumbo wheel
Ink: Basic Grey, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue
Other: More Mustard marker, blender pen, Scallop Edge border punch, Basic Pearls, stamp-a-majig
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. SPECIAL OFFERS: If you order today your name will go into a draw to win a Flower Accent stamp. If your order is over £25, you will also receive a free Christmas House tutorial. 

We are having a late heatwave here in Buckingham and it's just wonderful! The only downside is that it really does feel as if we're on holiday so nothing's actually getting done!

Thank you for coming over to see my card today. I'm looking forward to seeing what all the other LiMettes have been up to - and finding out what colour eyes everyone has!

See you soon!

31 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Vicky... I love your 'flecks of hazel'.
    I must have a look for this stamp set.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky - love the pretty flowers here and the soft shade of blue with hazel flecks! Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky

    A fabulous card with great colours. I love the scalloped border and pearls.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh-so-sweet! Vicky, I love how you've stamped on the scalloped strip; beautiful little details, as always. Hmm .. my eye colour is what I affectionately call "cacky green" - not sure anyone'd want to see a papercraft project in that colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet little card Vicky! I over looked the Easy events set in the pre order but the few cards you've made with it have opened my eyes!! Enjoy the rest of this warm weekend!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet card. And I bet your eyes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Vicky, like the shadowing around the flowers-very effective. Isn't this heatwave fab, just a shame I've got to work in it later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card and I love the colours, so attractive that mix, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great stamp set...definitely need to check it out. I love the blooms on this card and the font for the sentiment is one that could be used on several "style" cards! Beautifully done, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stamped border.
    Thanks for the tip on unmounting the wheel, I'm using much more now.
    Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card Vicky. Not done my LIM card yet this week, tried yesterday and really struggled with blue!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a sweet card and oh I do envy the blue eyed girls !x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card again Vicky....ooooh your eyes are certainly unusual then :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another fabulous card Vicky. Love your flowers with the `flecks`.Really stylish.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again you had me stumped about which stamp set you used. Funny how sometimes I just don't see certain stamp sets until someone makes a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous, Vicky....I'm going to have to get that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card; I love the grey shadow effect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific card Vicky
    Oh to have violet eyes!
    Thank you so much
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful garden! Love how you are using this set!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card Vicki, love the stamp and the colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, love the stamps you've used and lovely colour. Looks like a useful stamp set, might have to treat myself to that one :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like your card.It's gorgeous and the blue is so lovely.
    x,
    Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, Vicki. I love your stamping and the blue scalloped border strip. Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. How clever to split your stamps, more bang for your bucks! Beautiful card, lovely soft colours
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving all your cards every time - this is a great set indeed and looks just fab in this blue...gotta love a loose sentiment I say!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful Vicky ,you certainly know how to utilize your stamps without compromising on quality , gorgeous work once again.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  27. A beautiful card - love those stamps

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)