Pages

Saturday 5 November 2011

Orange and red Autumn Days cards

There's nothing like crafting in your dressing gown on a damp, autumn morning with a nice cup of coffee at your elbow and an assortment of lovely children chattering around you! Yes, they're all back home and I'm happy - perhaps I was a sheepdog in another life!

I had a wonderful time as a guest designer at Less is More last week. Thank you so much Chrissie and Mandi and all the LiMettes for making me feel so welcome! I'm always really excited to check the site on Saturday mornings and this week it's a colour challenge that's perfect for the time of year - orange and red. Come and see what I've come up with:


I love this time of year and am always making cards with swirls of leaves on them. These cards are made with the little leaf from Autumn Days, one of my first stamp sets and one that remains a top favourite of mine all the year round. I stamped the leaf on Confetti Cream card stock which adds to the illusion of movement and contrasted it with a band of smooth Very Vanilla card stock for the sentiment. When I added the single rhinestone I was thinking of a touch of frost... not too soon I hope!


Here's another design - this time with the leaves swirling up from the bottom of the card. The sentiment was stamped first, then the leaves, making sure there was plenty of space around the sentiment. I added the score lines around the edge of the card and then sponged the edges of the card with a very little Pumpkin Pie ink to give a bit of glow. I shall be sending one of these cards to my in-laws to thank them for looking after us so well at half term.

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Autumn Days, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Peach Parfait, Pumpkin Pie, Riding Hood Red, Cherry Cobbler
Card stock: Confetti Cream, Very Vanilla
Other: Basic rhinestone, scoring blade for the Fiskars trimmer, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these supplies for you and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I am committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to help and advise. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. 


My youngest boy has learned a new skill while he's been away - dropping ancient jokes into the conversation in such a casual way that you're taken by surprise! For example, "Grandma got me a dictionary last Christmas," he says conversationally and, while I'm thinking I'm sure she didn't, he's saying with a deadpan face: "I couldn't find the words to thank her!" Or:
"Mummy I read a great book last night!"
"Did you darling? What was it?"
"Danger on the cliffs by Eileen Dover!" Brilliant!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I'll be back on Monday when I'll be starting the week as usual with a masculine card. Hope to see you then,

54 comments:

  1. Both cards are simply beautiful. The subtlety of the scoring on the second one is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty.....the colors this week made me thing of fall leaves, too....both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great having your as our guest last week Vicky, your cards are an inspiration to so many think (us included) and these are more wonderful creations.. I rather like the proportions of the second one...but they're both fab.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,

    it's been a while, just want to say your card is again so beautiful. I love autumn, especially for its beautiful colors.

    Enjoy your weekend,

    Lins x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely as always Vicky. Glad you've got your flock back - will have to think of a suitable 'sheepdog' name for you now :0)
    Have a good weekend
    M x
    (oh by the way my computer is showing your blog back to normal now - must have been a gremlin in there!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Your placement of the leaves is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific autumnal cards. Your son has a great SOH too. What a wag!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Vicky, the autumn at LAST is in Spain, i like the summer for few days only, this is impossible in Spain, i love, love the autumn and the winter:D, the cold make work my brain:D.
    Beautiful waterfall of autumn leaves, very elegants cards as always Vicky.
    I think your joker boy can be interesting in this link http://joe-ks.com/archives_aug2005/Books_Never_Written.htm :D:D:D.
    A hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous autumn cards Vicky so effective on that cardstock. Jokes from the kids are great aren't they unfortunately it's my husband who trots them out to loud groans from the rest of us:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favourite colours! These cards are breathtakingly beautiful. You are very talented. Enjoy the rest of your day - fireworks and bonfire?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky, I've been out of blogland for a while, but had to catch up with you, I have to say all your cards are as stunning as ever, I love the bag you did, and your new hairstyle is fab!.
    Congratulations on being star designer on LIM, great inspirational cards, have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards as usual, my favorite is the 2nd one. Love your son's jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards, like the second one best

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two absolutely gorgeous card, love them both

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two beautiful cards again Vicky, oh I really must get me a leaf stamp!!He he your son reminds me of mine when he was younger.....they get even funnier as they older!one of his fav jokes way back was when writing to grandma ( I must write faster as my ink is running out) & also ( we had our old firplace taken out and I had a new set of teeth put it now.)....what are they like!!!! :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two beautifully stamped card, Vicky. Love those falling leaves:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another couple of gorgeous cards Vicky, so elegant and I love the speckled card you use for the card base.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiufl cards Vikcy, I love them both. Love the leaves xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are gorgeous, love that long stemmed leaf!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous cards! Love how you scored on the second one. So pretty.
    LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love both of these Autumn inspired cards Vicky. I just love red and orange together. I would love to have stayed at home in my dressing gown crafting today. Unfortunately I am working this weekend. Hoping to get a bit of craft time tonight though!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card and thank you for the inspiration! I have a stamp like this and it is part of one of my first stampsets and it is also laying for years in my stampstorage dont knowing where to use it for but now yes i now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card, Vicky!. I also like your blog. It has lovely pictures and beautifuls works!. Thanks for comment in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two beautiful Autumnal cards Vicky.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Two lovely cards. The older our children get, the worse the jokes get, but you still laugh. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two wonderful cards. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Two gorgeous cards Vicky, great stamp. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful work as always Vicky, lovely stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are both gorgeous, Vicky! I really can't decide which one I like best. You really have perfectly captured the feel of the fluttering leaves!
    And, I think I said this before, but your son is hilarious! I take it he had a good time on his trip?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the tip on stamps from Stampin'Up. Absolutely gorgeous and exactly my style! And so sad that they can not be bought in Sweden! : (

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful cards Vicky
    Beryl x,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Vicky, Glad the family are all home and safe albiet with dodgy humour, it's all in the delivery, LOL Gorgeous cards again Vicky love these Autumnal creations, beautiful, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice! Beautiful colours.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful cards Vicky. Sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Vicky
    Two stunning creations .....i haven`t used that stamp set ....will use it now ....
    Hugs sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning as always Vicky. It does make me want to get the sweeping brush out though lol.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thee perfect image for this challenge and you've created such movement in the stamping too!
    Those old jokes are the best...I've said it before, your lad is destined for the stage!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow - beautiful cards!!!!!!! I love the flow of the second card with the sentiment right on the base! Just gorgeous :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love both your cards Vicky! Gorgeous colours and what a wondeful stamp, hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are perfect cards for the LIM challenge - TFS!!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautifully autumnal with your fall leaves. It is a lovely leaf shape and looks great in the red and orange. x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Am so glad your little tinker is back i have missed his humour ! Two lovely cards Vicky great colours and movement and beautiful stamping as always.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your leaves are just gorgeous, Vicky. I love red and orange together, and can't wait to have a go at this week's challenge. :) Ann Y.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your cards and this one with the lovely leaves is no exception! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi vicky... I love your delicate leaf creations.. so beautiful.
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are beautiful swirls of falling leaves! I love the movement.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Vicky, these cards are just so beautiful. I love Autumn leaves, and I love Autumn colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Vicky, these cards are fabulous! I LOVE the stamping on the confetti card stock! I want you to know that even though I don't always leave comments on your blog, I am a follower and I keep up with all your beautiful creations through Google reader. The bird cards you've been creating lately are awesome. Almost makes me want to buy that stamp! And that gold paper you recently used is gorgeous...I "need" some of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Vicky - beautiful and classy work as you usually do. I especially love the colours and have ordered the confetti card because of your work lol Kx

    ReplyDelete
  50. These are just stunning Vicky! :)
    Lizy x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)