Pages

Saturday 3 December 2011

Christmas greenery with the Medallion

Thank you so much Chrissie and Mandi for giving us green for this week's colour theme at Less is More - yes I have got one or two Christmas cards left to make (and that is ever so slightly understating it!) Come and see my little green card:



I've used my lovely Medallion stamp for this card and the fab new in colour Lucky Limeade. The ribbon is Old Olive as I didn't have any Limeade, but I'm happy to put any greens together - if it's good enough for Mother Nature, it's good enough for me! It also serves as a useful colour comparison for anyone who thought Lucky Limeade was similar to Old Olive - it really is quite different. You can see how I've 'stamped off' to create variations in the shade of Lucky Limeade - I love making layered backgrounds using this technique.


The tag shape is from Welcome Christmas and is so useful for sentiments. I used the Merry Christmas from Season of Joy and stamped the swirl from the same set which never seems to leave my hands at the moment! I'm a big fan of the Medallion too. It's a huge image and as well as being great for stamping layered backgrounds as I did on my card today, it makes a great contemporary card on its own, is brilliant for stamping wrapping paper and gift bags like this one I made a while ago...


... and popped up gift tags like this one...


Altogether a very useful addition to the craftroom!

Supplies needed for today's card:
Stamps: Medallion, Season of Joy, Welcome Christmas
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Garden Green
Card stock: Naturals Ivory
Other: Garden Green marker, Old Olive 1/8" taffeta ribbon, 1/8" handheld punch, corner rounder, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these supplies for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I am committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to help and advise. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. 

I have a new Stampers 6 club group starting in January and there are a few places left on it, so if you'd like to have a lovely parcel of crafty gorgeousness to open each month, do contact me as soon as possible. I'm offering places as Christmas presents this year too, presented in my voucher box, which can be personalised. Now wouldn't that be a very special present to open on Christmas morning?! Start dropping those hints now ladies!

This was supposed to be a very short post as I've got heaps to do... so I'd better stop wittering on now or I'll find myself spending Christmas on the naughty step! 

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and I shall be sneaking back later to have a look at everbody's green creations! See you then,

46 comments:

  1. A fab contemporary card Vicky and great use of a non xmas stamp. Love the gift bag and tag too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Vicky, the colours work really well together

    ReplyDelete
  3. That medallion is so versatile; I love the way you have created a whole panel with it. Lovely greens too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card as always. Love the gift bag and tag too! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! as usual Vicky :D
    The catoloque arrived ... thank you x
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally wonderful Vicky, you are so right the greens go beautifully together! Your card is fabulous and the parcel too, the tag finishes so well, love them all, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeosu as ever Vicky
    That sntiment looks fabulous against the medallion background

    Thanks so much
    mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's s superb effect Vicky!
    Every time I see something you've made I fancy getting the stash... which is why you are such a successful SU demo I should think!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW love this, great sentiment and love the stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is a stunning set xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS and beautiful! Love it!
    Also like that lovely bag and tag!
    Great ideas.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card - I really like that you stamped the flourish so subtly on the label. Such a lovely touch! Your gift bag is going to make somebody smile when they receive it. TFS
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredsccrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning work, as always, Vicky:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and I LOVE the bag and tag, they look perfect
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fab Vicky, you always come up something so lovely.The tag and bag look great also, well done :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning way to use a stamp that like you say is 'huge' and you can sometimes feel a little daunted at the prospect of using it, but you have used yours in the most brilliant and innovative way, as usual. It's nice to see an 'old favourite' being used too

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous card ....Chrissies right ...when you see what you can do with the stamp....you want it....or them...i have this Medallion stamp ...i haven`t used it much...but think i will case your card PLEASE!!!!!!!!
    hugs
    Sylvie
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just beautiful. Liked your comment about greens and Mother Nature! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgous card, I've got that stamp but not had chance to use it yet. Well most certainly be having a go at that gift bag.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Fabulous as always Vicky.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello vicky

    A stunning and gorgeous card, with a fabulous gift bag. The greens are gorgeous.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the way you have used your medallion. Love the greens. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card- I like the way you added interest by rounding the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Vicky, thes medallion makes a wonderful patterned background, and looks SOS tricking on the gift bag.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Vicky. I love how you used the Medallion stamp. I may have to case this beauty in blues.

    You really have great uses for that stamp. Sad to say, I've used it once, but you have inspired me, I will dig it out and see if I can't make a few gift bags for Christmas instead of buying them. :)

    Hugs,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab card Vicky. I love how you can achieve different shades of the same colour by stamping off. The amtching bag and tag is gorgeous too!!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card you have made using the Medallion stamp...Like Carole I think mine has only been out of the box a couple of times...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous use of greens in this card Vicky, though medallion is not a Christmas stamp it does have a feel of Christmas about it ! Beautiful choice of ribbon, it's those perfect little touches that make a card just right !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning card and EVERYTHING else.

    Wish I lived closer for your class, I'd be there in a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous as ever Vicky and yes I was one of those who thought Old Olive was like Lucky Limeade - shame on me!! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tee hee Vicky!!! Looks like my huge Stampin Up stamp needs to come out again .. ..thanks for the inspiration.

    Hope you have had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love how you've made such a brilliant card using part of such a large stamp and one colour of inkpad!!!
    You know I could be joining you on that naughty step!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I never would have guessed that the Medallion stamp would make such a wonderful Christmas card, but it does! Trust you to figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love how youve used the medalion stamp it looks stunning in the green har har on the naughty step been there for years !!!!! nothing gets done on time here oops Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  35. You on the naughty step ! Never ! What a fabulous stamp and you have utilized it so well and that green is perfect just love old olive. The bag and the tag are scrumptious little works of art even without a gift inside that bab would be perfect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have such a great style, that rounded corner on the background and the stripes on the ribbon look so good with the sentiment topper.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Vicky, with all your wonderful blog posts, I bet your SU business is flourishing!! Your card with the medallion stamp is fabulous. I just got that stamp and it's HUGE! I never thought to use it like you have here...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous suite of stamped goodies. Fantastic design, as always, Vicky - love your style Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  39. A beautiful card.I love the vibrant green colour

    ReplyDelete
  40. A beautiful card Vicky - I am a fan of SU products, so it ticks all the boxes for me! Love the bag too.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Brilliant card using part of such a large stamp, never thought of doing that, thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love how you used that stamping off technique in the background. It's simple but gives such an amazing effect!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)