Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Easter Blossoms scallops

The challenge at CAS-ual Fridays at the moment is to create a card using scallops. I love scallops - and I particularly like the look you get when you layer them. My favourite way to do that at the moment is to use the Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch for a subtle frill. Come and have a look:


I brayered a background for that 'glorious technicolor' feel, made up a little scene with my Easter Blossoms stamp set and added the scalloped layers, the sentiment and the cross stitched embellishment. It reminds me of an illustration in a 50s children's book!


I love the small scale of the scallops!

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Easter Blossoms
Ink: Pool Party, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Whisper White, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Other: Markers, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, white gel pen, black embroidery thread, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these supplies for you (except the embroidery thread!) and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I am committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to help and advise. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. 

I showed this card to my daughter and mentioned that I'd brayered the background. "Brayering?" she said, "Are you a mule?!"

Thank you for dropping by today and for leaving your comments and emails. I really love receiving your feed-back and always do my best to return your visit. I'll be back tomorrow with one of my favourite kinds of cards. Hope to see you then,




13 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Vicky. Beautifully inked and stamped. And yes, it does look like a page from a vintage story book:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, this is just lovely. I love your silhouette and the brayering is beautiful! (Love the comment from your daughter in regard to that...too funny!)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Vicky

    A beautiful, soft and gentle card, that is so Vintage. I love the the silhoutte stamp it's gorgeous.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first Easter card I've seen in blogland but they are already in the shops though along with creme eggs too...yum!
    It really does look like an illustration from an old childrens book...so pretty :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I love the blossom and fab brayering. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky, Oh yes very vintage, Love it, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable Vicky! Love the sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so stuck on Valentine's at the moment that I hadn't started to even THINK Easter! But this is absolutely GORGEOUS. I need to find my brayer...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card. I love your tiny layered scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Love this happy card! The shading, background and scalloped borders are absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!Hope to see your beautiful work again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty!! I adore that silhouette image - it's absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning AGAIN ! I do so love your work , this has to be one of my faves, a gorgeous happy scene, love the border punches such a lovely effect.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)