Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

More Fruit and Flowers hyacinths!

Yesterday I showed you a technique I've come up with for stamping hyacinths using the little flower from the Fruit and Flowers stamp set. Well obviously I couldn't just make one card! Here's another one:


Not in a vase this time but au naturel! I used three shades of green to get a bit of depth to my grass, Marina Mist for a nice warm spring sky and Concord Crush for that fabulous blue/purple that hyacinths come in.


The tag is from the Two Tags Bigz die, and this is the top of it, threaded through with a little piece of Vanilla taffeta ribbon and finished with a linen thread bow. You can see the butterfly in this photo too, from the Beautiful Wings embosslits die. I chose him in Peach Parfait which makes a nice splash of colour against the green/blue/purple tones.


Here's a close up of the hyacinth panel, with its masked leaves and stamped grass and flowers. The sky is just roughly sponged in. I stuck the panel onto the Tag and then attached that to my textured card base using dimensionals.


The card is finished with this lovely curvy sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays hostess set, which I use all the time as I love all the different birthday greetings in it. Hostess sets are available to buy with 'hostess pounds' and you earn those with orders of £150 or more, whether group or individual,  or if you join my Stampers 6 club you'll automatically be able to buy hostess sets!

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Fruit and Flowers, Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink: Concord Crush, Marina Mist
Card stock: Confetti White, Very Vanilla smooth and textured, scrap of Peach Parfait
Other: Markers (I used Certainly Celery, Old Olive and Lucky Limeade), Two Tags Bigz die, Beautiful Wings embosslits die, Big Shot, post it note, Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon, linen thread, corner rounder, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you (except the post it note!) and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.
As part of the Sale-a-bration promotion, here until 31st March, you can choose a free stamp set or set of papers with EVERY £45 you spend. Click here to see all the fabulous Sale-a-bration freebies.

Yesterday I was permitted to go to Mumland! My youngest son has been involved in a dance competition as part of a team entered by his school and when they performed last week they won their category, which means they're through to the finals! I wasn't allowed to be there last week but the children repeated their performance in a school assembly yesterday and my husband and I were there in ringside seats! It was just brilliant and my hands are still sore from clapping! The children very obviously enjoyed every minute of their performance and I was proud of them all (but especially my son who is a total performer even when he's not on stage!)

It's Three Minute Thursday here tomorrow and I'll be back with a speedy set of cards. Hope to see you then!

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Stunning card Vicky love the stamps....

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky

    You are clever and so talented.

    Just been having a catch up (at long last) of all your lovely projects.

    All so different and unpredictable.

    I love your work.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky
    You are so clever ... That's what Jules says as well..... Fabulous card .... Stunning ...
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky
    You are so clever ... That's what Jules says as well..... Fabulous card .... Stunning ...
    Hugs Sylvie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your sons glowing performance . Its funny I have a little picture of him in my head although I adore your work I always skip to the bottom of your posts first to read what he has been up too ! I am never dissapointed his is goings on, I do believe one day we will see him on the big screen. Right onto your gorgeous card. What a fabulous technique and such beautiful colourings and stamping a pure delight. As I am working backwards with my commenting am off to see how you did it !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous card and I LOVE the tag top treatment. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the vase yesterday and love the au natural version today! There's so much depth in your stamping. I really like how you've tied the ribbon with linen thread. Good luck to your son and his friends for the finals - how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous card Vicky - love how you have placed it on a tag.
    Great news about your son too! - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous creation Vicky, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicky bless your heart and thank you for understanding how I feel about the credit card. It was lovely to read your comments and definitely left me feeling uplifted. Tks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yet another gorgeous card Vicky and congrats on winning the ColourQ challenge - AGAIN!!!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card, lovely colours. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look gorgeous. Love them on the tag and the splash of orange with the butterfly. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think they look better 'au naturel' . I'm actually beginning to like tags on cards as well ;0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)