Pages

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Watercolour Winter poinsettia

I'm making loads of Christmas cards now, because I'd love to get them done ready for early posting this year, and I'm finding the CASE this Sketch challenge excellent inspiration! I almost missed the entry deadline again this week but I'm hoping to just squeak in with today's card! Come and have a look:


I'm a huge fan of the Watercolour Winter stamp set in the seasonal catalogue and thought the poinsettia would make a lovely focal point for the circular element in the sketch.


It's a two step set, with an outline and a filler stamp for each image - which is why it looks so arty! I stamped it several times and cut out sections to layer up on dimensionals, finishing the centre with dots of glue embossed in gold.


The background strip was masked off using post it notes and stamped in versamark using the En Français background stamp. I clear embossed this, sponging over it with green inks before removing the masks. A strip of Raspberry Ripple card stock balances out the flower...



... and this lovely sentiment from Beautiful Season, which I inked in versamark then straight into Raspberry Ripple ink before stamping and clear embossing.

This is the fabulous sketch I've been working with today.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Watercolour Winter, Beautiful Season, En Français
Ink: Certainly Celery, Gumball Green, Raspberry Ripple
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Clear and gold embossing powders, versamark, heat tool, 1 3/8" circle punch, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK, France, Deutschland, Nederland or Osterreich. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on +44 (0) 1280 820593.

It's half term here at the moment and I'm enjoying having all my children wandering in and out. I spotted my youngest son tucking into an apple yesterday morning and asked him if he'd mind bringing me one, so he did - in the style of the wicked queen from Snow White. "Would you like one of these apples that certainly aren't poisoned in any way?" he said holding out the bowl. I selected one and he made me jump with a very convincing witchy cackle. Perhaps he's practising for halloween. I was rather hoping one bite would've sent me off into a really long sleep but no such luck I'm afraid!

Enjoy your Tuesday! I'll be back tomorrow with a tutorial for my wrap around box so do join me for that.

Hugs,


14 comments:

  1. Vicky, this is the first card I've seen with someone using that image and LOVE IT! I'd been eying it in the catalog - guess I'll have to go shopping again. Great card and love the way you used the script on the green panel.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Vicky. I love your poinsettia and the way you've framed it. This is a great sketch. ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card Vicky and love your design..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful poinsettia Vicky. I can see why you love it. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Vicky, I love the pretty poinsettia water coloured, just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally stunning card Vicky. The poinsettia is gorgeous and the simplicity of the card is breathtaking.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that poinsettia Vicky, so unusual with the watercolour effect. It's perfect set in the broken circle:) Enjoy half term!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your poinsettia is beautiful and lovely as a focal point. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This set has caught my eye too... love Christmas greenery and the poinsettia is perfect for the sketch :0) Beautiful card Vicky.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card wonderful stamp.
    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Love the poinsettia and the how you did the background, great technique :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so going to have to get this set - you have used it beautifully! I love the script background. So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH so pretty! THat flower is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)