Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2013

It's Bloomin' Marvellous in a cage

The amazing Sale-a-bration promotion carries on this month with happy customers coming away with gorgeous free goodies every time they spend £45 or more, and new demonstrators filling their starter kits with 25% of extra goodies! Do email me if you'd like to take advantage of the promotion in either way, it will be my pleasure to help you.

Stampin' Up always come up with beautiful stamp sets to give away free during Sale-a-bration, but my absolute favourite this year has to be Bloomin' Marvellous. I've been enjoying seeing how well it interacts with other sets too - come and have a look:


For this card, I've combined the Bloomin' Marvellous flowers and leaves with one of the ornate bird cages from Aviary. The cage was cut out with my wonderful 2 1/2" circle punch and mounted onto a panel embossed with the Elegant Bouquet embossing folder.


These flowers always look fabulous decorated with pearls or gemstones but this time I chose to add dots to the centres with the fine end of a marker. A bakers twine bow at the top of the cage gave a little bit more interest.


A Word for You has to be one of my favourite sentiment sets of all time! I like the way you can use all or just part of each stamp and the flowing script looks great cut out with paper snips for a different look!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Bloomin' Marvellous (Sale-a-bration freebie), Aviary, A Word for You
Ink: Primrose Petals, Lucky Limeade, Stazon black
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Island Indigo bakers twine, Elegant Bouquet embossing folder, Big Shot, 2 1/2" circle punch, markers, stamp-a-majig
I'D BE DELIGHTED TO ORDER YOUR STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.
• DON'T FORGET TO ADD ONE OF THESE FREE SALE-A-BRATION ITEMS FOR EVERY £45 YOU SPEND

Our family is growing up fast and sometimes I think the only time we all get together these days is around the table at meal times. It's when we report what we've been up to and share our highs and lows and of course it's taken time for the children to learn about taking their turn. Sometimes one of them still forgets and interrupts when someone is sharing a triumph and I have to gently ask them to wait. This happened the other day and my youngest son had the grace to blush but then made us all laugh by saying: "You're right. Enough about me - what do YOU think about me?"

I'll be back tomorrow with not just one but FIVE fast cards for Three Minute Thursday! Do pop in if you have a minute.

Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. So pretty, Vicky. Love the embossing and how you merged those lovely stamps. Such fresh colours, too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...That's so pretty Vicky! Gorgeous use of Aviary and Bloomin Marvelous. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely design Vicky, I love the little circle of flowers and cage, and this card is still sitting on my mantel piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, might have to dig out my Aviary stamp set again! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Vicky love the embossed corner and like your circle design for your image

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful, elegant card Vicky.

    P.S. - I think your son should be on the stage!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the elements Vicky, those flowers have a lovely distressed look and I love that EF!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Aviary set is one of my faves too! Love what you've made with it here. I like the idea of the flowers in the cage! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky - this is just so pretty! I like the embossed flowers and the pretty ones in the cage! Pauline is a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes the Aviary cage so elegant!! And using that embossing folder makes it even more perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous card.... Love the embossing folder....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have combined sets and this card is so pretty, set off by the white embossed background. Lovely to hear that you all eat together and share the days events as a family, it's so difficult to find time we only manage two or three times a week!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card, and I love the embossing - I think it always looks so elegant. You have created so many lovely cards with these stamps x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card Vicky, and think I NEED the Aviary set.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like this Vicky, quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always looking for ways to use those bird cages. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great combination of stamps Vicky and I love the embossed bkgd too :0)
    Your youngest is soooo funny!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)