Pages

Tuesday 28 May 2013

A little bit of This and That...

It's no surprise that the Epic Day This and That bundle is flying off the shelves! A smash book style journal is such fun! I've got photos of the cover of mine to show you today:


The cover is a gorgeous neutral buff colour with hexagonal shapes debossed into it. There are two papers in the coordinating designer papers that feature hexagons and I opted to use the smaller ones to decorate mine. I love the colours and the subtle text and map designs!


I stamped the chevrons from Stampin' Up's Oh Hello set directly onto the cover using my stamp-a-majig to ensure it went where I wanted it. Some of the title is computer-generated but I added a stamped, fussy cut word 'just' (from a retired hostess set) which livened it up a little. A square punch was used to make an arrow head, designed to lead the reader into the journal, and I added three rhinestones for a bit of sparkle.

Are you wondering about the title? Well, my journal is about all the mundane things in my family life - getting up, having breakfast, going to the supermarket, putting out the bins... that sort of thing! Sounds riveting doesn't it?! But I always think that scrapbooks tend to be so busy featuring the highs of life that everyday life gets left undocumented.

Here's what you'll need for this project
Stamps: Oh Hello
Card stock: Crumb Cake (for the title)
Ink: Basic Grey
Other: Epic Day This and That journal and designer paper (these products available in a special-value bundle until 31st May), Basic rhinestones, square punch, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

• Get more for your money this month: Place an order for £250 and choose £65 worth of products free! Or join SU and get £155 worth of products for just £99! Offers end 30th May 2013

This past weekend was a bank holiday in the UK. On Saturday, my husband and I went for a walk to nearby woods to see the bluebells and my goodness, they were amazing - a blanket of the most glorious blue.



Here I am doing my best David Bellamy impression - but you can see those bluebells stretching off into the distance.

Thank you for popping in today - I do appreciate your visits. I'll be back tomorrow with a coordinated card and gift to show you. See you then,

5 comments:

  1. Lovely photo Vicky... books ok too ;)
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cover of your book, hope you'll share some of the inside, too. Great photo of you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cover looks great Vicky. I'll need to get a move on and get my order in! I've left it a bit late but there are a few things I (want) oops need!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the CAS decoration Vicky and I really hope you are able to share some of the inside.... It's the everyday things that make up family life too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The front of your journal looks fab Vicky! I have done my first page but not the cover yet...still working on it!
    Love the bluebells too...they are such a stunning flower! It's a lovely picture of you too :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)