Pages

Thursday 30 May 2013

Oh Hello - and a bit of dottiness!

• Today is the last day for getting extra goodies in your starter kit when you join Stampin' Up! I think you'll agree that getting £155 worth of gorgeous Stampin' Up products for only £99 is a brilliant bargain! Find out all the details here or give me a call on 01280 820593 for a chat about whether joining would work for you.

And so, onto some card-making: I love the Patterns designer paper stacks! Tone-on-tone designs in all the Stampin' Up colours are so useful - particularly for adding pattern to quick cards. When I was designing today's card for my Three Minute Thursday spot, I intended to add a punched flower but then I got carried away with the flower in the Oh Hello stamp set...! If you need a quicker version, just swap the fussy cut flower for a punched flower!


Accurate cutting and wet glue are the keys to this card so thank goodness for my Stampin' Trimmer and the Tombow multipurpose glue which enables you to ease layers into exactly the right position. The designer paper is glued onto the card front and the sentiment panel is stamped and scored before adding to the right of the card.


The flower from Oh Hello is a lovely curved shape so it's great for linking the paper and the sentiment. People often ask me about fussy cutting as I do quite a lot of it. My top tips are: (a) get yourself a pair of decent paper snips (the Stampin' Up ones are long-bladed and very sharp); (b) move the paper rather than the scissors to get a good smooth line and (c) practise - the more fussy cutting you do, the better you'll get at it!


Here's what you'll need for this project
Stamps: Oh Hello
Ink: Pumpkin Pie/Tempting Turquoise
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Patterns designer paper stack in Brights, Simply Scored, markers, paper snips, stamp-a-majig, 
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

• Get more for your money this month: Place an order for £250 and choose £65 worth of products free! Or join SU and get £155 worth of products for just £99! Offers end today.

It's half term here and I am highly in demand! My youngest son wanted to see Epic at the cinema yesterday so my daughter, who has a provisional driving licence, offered to drive us there to get some experience under her belt. There was a dodgy moment when I discovered my mobile phone was out of charge but my husband said I could borrow his and packed us off. My daughter parked at the cinema and went off shopping while we found that the 2.50 showing of our film had sold out. We bought tickets for the showing an hour later and I sent a message to my daughter to let her know what was happening. This was when I discovered that I couldn't work my husband's phone so my daughter got this message which, she said, made her double up laughing:

We jad to go fpr the 3.50 because tje earlier fil m had sold out. see yoo at 5.30. flippon phome hpw dpes it blppn work! xx

See you tomorrow,

9 comments:

  1. Hi V! How are you? You always make me double up laughing too! So glad I am over the teaching daughter to drive stage! Love dotty you and your dotty card !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, to have your own phone! I can see why your daughter found your message amusing, quite funny! As always, lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, turquoise and orange are a fabulous combination!
    Other people's phones are a total mystery to me too, which is why I stick with the same one long after other folk go for an upgrade - I can't face having to get to grips with a new one again! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Vicky. Think I may have to case this idea.

    Love your message to your daughter!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BIT of dottiness! A LOT I'd say . . . especially regarding the mobile phone episode!

    I want to see Epic too . . . saw trailer at weekend and it looks GREAT!

    Oh, and very pretty "Oh Hello" cards too!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the contrasting colours Vicky.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these cards Vicky-both fabulous colour combinations,really pretty.
    Ah,you are a woman after my own heart-technology and i well,we just don't get along-i send some of the most ridculous texts much to my daugher's amusement !
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely recommend the Paper snips... they're super sharp :0) Lovely quick cards Vicky and I really had to laugh at your gobbledy-gook message :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards Vicky, and a hilarious texting story, you crack me up!!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)