Pages

Friday 11 April 2014

Framed Tulips - or any other flowers!

I noticed the Framed Tulips embossing folder featuring in the Weekly Deals Stampin' Up announced for this week. Now that is a folder that is indispensable in my Craft Square Metre! I like to make little sponged scenes and frame them - like this:


I find a 7.5 x 10.5cm panel fits nicely in the embossed frame. Here, I inked up part of the Hardwood background stamp and pressed my panel down onto it, before adding the flowers and sponging colour around them.


Aren't these flowers beautiful? They're from Love and Sympathy, a set that was designed for sympathy cards but which is very versatile. I inked the flowers up with markers to get the multi-coloured image.


I used one of the sentiments from Peaceful Petals to turn my card into a thank you and you can see the embossed frame in this close-up too. The tulips are very stylised so you could use this frame for any occasion - even Christmas!

I'll be linking this card up with the Paper Players where LeAnne's Three Spree challenge is to use three of something on your card.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Gumball Green, Soft Sky classic inks, plus markers
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

One week into the Easter holidays my youngest son has confided that his tech teacher is leaving school.This teacher made a huge impression on my son during his first lesson with him. Apparently one of the classroom lights was flickering and the teacher suggested that everyone held their hands up.When one of the class asked why, the teacher's answer was "because many hands make light work". He is going to be very much missed.

Have a great weekend and I'll see you very soon,


15 comments:

  1. Hello Vicky, your card is absuloutely beautiful, love, love it.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card VIcky lovely stamps and they gorgeous framed with your tulip EB folder...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH! Pretty card and lovely embossing folder. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Vicky - love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Vicky! Your little vignette is a breath of fresh spring air! The frame is a nice touch....a perfect way to highlight those three pretty flowers! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely as always, Vicky! Just a touch of the hardwood background is such a clever way to use this stamp. Just adore this! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning card. Love the half stamped hardwood background. And what a great way to use the flowers from Love and Sympathy. You nailed this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Vicky... Again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, I love this card! Off to CASE you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Superb card Vicky. Love the suggestion of a tree trunk in the background...very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful and could go into a "real" frame.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just gorgeous, Vicky! I love how you incorporated the Hardwood set in the background. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and so very tempted with that EF. Looks just like a picture.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So soft and pretty! I recently got this embossing folder myself because everyone uses it so well and so often. It makes a great frame that doesn't over shadow your main image.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)