Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

Beautiful birthday butterflies

I've been going birthday-tastic just lately so you'll be seeing a crop of birthday projects over the next few weeks! This card, using Stampin' Up's Serene Silhouettes set, was inspired by the displays of beautiful spring flowers around at the moment - come and see:


I've used Marina Mist for the card base. The more turquoisey blues are stealing the limelight at the moment but Marina Mist is such a pretty blue and looks wonderful with Old Olive. I've added a pop of Crushed Curry in the form of the die cut butterflies too - at least I thought it was Crushed Curry until something weird happened...


Aaaargh! I can only apologise for this photo! These butterflies are yellow in real life but after a lot of frustrating research I've discovered that Google has introduced an auto-enhance feature that wrecks some photos and you can only turn it off if you switch to Google+.  (Perhaps I should go ahead with that... Have you made the switch? I'd be interested to hear about your experience.)


Here's a close up of the embossed frame detail. Framelits are great for embossing with and this scalloped one from the Squares collection gives the card an extra large postage stamp look!

I shall be linking this card up with The Card Concept where the theme is Butterflies, Mrs A's Butterfly challenge where yellow is required this week (my butterflies ARE yellow I promise Mrs A!), and Seize the Birthday where they're all about birthdays!

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Ink: Midnight Muse, Old Olive classic inks plus Marina Mist and Old Olive markers
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.


I don't think I'm a complete slouch on the technology front but there's always an element of sighing and eye rolling if I ask my children for help. In retaliation, I behave like a decrepit old lady, asking them to ring me on the telephonic instrument or asking them whether they've downloaded the latest gramophone record onto their ipods.

See you tomorrow,


15 comments:

  1. One of my favourite stamps Vicky and so beautifully used.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Vicky this is really beautiful. Love the soft colors and the most of all the embossed frame, this is such a great idea. Amazing watercolor stamping and sweet butterflies. Great job!
    Thank you for joining us at STB.
    Hugs, Marzena DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous card - those flowers are so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love the look of the card with either the yellow OR the orange butterflies!

    NO - I have not joined Google+ - it makes commenting MUCH more difficult for those people who aren't on it too. Being a stubborn Taurean, I am obstinate and will NOT be forced to do things just cuz it would suit Google, so I'm staying as I am! (Jumps off soapbox)

    Hugs, Sarn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card. I love the colour and think the 'orange" butterflies work well! I must confess orange is my favourite colour :) Vicki how did you do your lovely scalloped embossing? It's so beautiful. Cheers Donna Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, what does one do with one's old 78s these days?!
    I reckon you are as good at the technology as you are at card making, Vicky - which is pretty damn good!
    There's that gorgeous turquoise and orange combination again, so beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Vicky. I am resisting going anywhere near google+ though I suspect that googlle is going to make us all go that way in the end. There is one blogger who I cannot leave a comment on who has google plus as every time I try to I am requested to give my personal details to sign up. (I do not wish to do that. Never ask a lady for her D.O.B!!!).
    Anyway I digress. I love how you have used the frame in the same colour as the card to give that postage stamp look. Never thought of that. The blue is such a pretty shade too and looks super with the gorgeous colour of the butterflies. A really pretty card. Thank you for fluttering by #4.
    Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Vicky, like a wild flower meadow! I've not noticed a colour change on blogger still it could be me:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very beautiful Vicky, I love the card, whether your butterflies are yellow or orange LOL.

    Haven't heard of the auto enhance feature, perhaps I should look out for it, hope it advises you first?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful card Vicky! I love the scene you have created on the front. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so soft and pretty! I love how you've used the framelits to emboss. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the floral scene you've created, and the embossed frame is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how beautiful! It makes me feel like spring! Lovely work! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky this is just beautiful! I love how you've used Serene Silhouettes on your card and the little butterflies are so sweet! thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)