Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

Saying it your way with a free SU stamp set

If you're a regular here you know that I'm a huge fan of my stamp-a-majig, a great device that enables you to place images and sentiments where you want them on your projects. For some reason, individual letter stamps are trickier to line up 100% accurately though and that's where photopolymer stamps really come into their own. It's a doddle to line them up properly because you can see exactly where you're stamping, and you can even line them up on the block first. I tried out Stampin' Up's free Sans and Stripes photopolymer set today - come and see:


The set comes with a set of solid and a set of striped letters as well as a few extras. I lined the solid letters up on acrylic block C before stamping and added the extra 'E' afterwards. It was easy peasy and of course I could say whatever I liked! My daughter introduced 'squee' into my life and I use it whenever I used to say "I know, isn't it cute?!" It's become such a part of our shared vocabulary that I sometimes worry that it'll pop out when I'm talking to the head of the children's school or something!


I cut my sentiment out with one of the Word Bubbles framelits, mounted it onto a scrap of coral card and cut round it. The dotty background was made by repeat-stamping the solid 'O' in the set.

STOP PRESS: Since scheduling this post, I have since found out that Sans and Stripes has been so popular that there are no sets left! Customers making orders of £60 or more can still choose a free photopolymer set from these three fabulous designs.

I used the gorgeous colours at The Paper Players challenge to make this card.



HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Card stock: Very Vanilla, scrap of Calypso Coral
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.

Squee crept into our vocabulary as just a noise at first so I thought it was spelt with an 'a' on the end which amused my daughter no end. Now it's become an adjective - things are 'quite squee' or even 'squee-ish'. The other day, while we were cooking together, my daughter caught my eye and said: "Ghee? More like squee - am I right?!"

See you tomorrow,


3 comments:

  1. Cute and fun, Vicky! Awesomely squee-ish! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card, Vicky! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card! I love hearing the little snippets of your home life - it sounds like a lovely fun place to be :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)