Pages

Friday 19 September 2014

Mingle all the way to Christmas with Stampin' Up!

Have you been thinking about making Christmas cards yet? I'm buzzing with ideas for mine! Here's one idea - a simple design using my new Mingle All the Way stamp set from the Stampin' Up autumn/winter catalogue. Come and see:


This fabulous stamp set contains five large word art images and I love the way they can take centre stage on a card.


It was easy peasy to colour using Stampin' Write markers and I added gold accents with the Stampin' Dazzle marker. Can you see? I LOVE this pen and can't imagine why it's taken me so long to start using it! And it comes in silver too! The designer paper is a snippet of Maritime designer paper and I used gold washi tape from the Watercolour Wonder pack plus gold sequins pulled off the trim.


I was given plenty of inspiration for this card, including the boot in the seat of the pants encouragement to make two of them! (Thanks Darnell. You and Sarn are the reason people will be receiving Christmas cards from me this year!)


I'll be linking up with the Holiday challenge at Addicted to Stamps & More,  Merry Mondays, where the challenge is to make the sentiment the focus of the card; Retro Sketches where this is sadly the last sketch from Laurie who is stepping down; and last but not least, the NBUS (never before used schtuff) challenge where Darnell has added optional extras (I have gone for 1, 2 and 3 but not 4 - of course not!)

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my online shop) 
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I'm afraid the sentiment on this card prompted a full-scale debate in our family and it was felt that there should be a disclaimer along the same lines as the advert for the well-known beer, Carlsberg. My argument was that 'There's no happy like holiday happy (probably)' doesn't have quite the same ring to it!

Have a lovely weekend won't you. I'll be back on Monday with more crafty goodness so hope to see you then.

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and I'm glad you 'listened' to the persuasive Darnell and made a second. The sentiment panel is so eye-catching, and you've added delightful complementary papers. Festive fun! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holiday Happy works for me!

    FAB card . . . love the colouring.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, simple, gorgeous and I love it! I must get that sentiment stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty, Vicky!! I love that colored sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever you to pull sequins off that sequin ribbon! I have that (NBUS, of course!) and would not have thought of that. I mean, it is meant to be ribbon, or is it meant that they should be pulled off? Well, gosh, now you make me wonder! In any event, they worked a treat to finish off this marvelous CC design, Vicky! I always love to see design ideas for using up that pp so thank you for that!

    It's great to see you! We've dropped off each other's tour lines somehow so I've put in a request to have you put back on my stops list! Thank you so much for playing in my second NBUS Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! That sentiment is so fun and certainly takes centre stage! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card, the sentiment is lovely! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous coloring of the sentiment :) I love the CAS design , thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)