Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

No frills anniversary card for a man using Stampin' Up washi tape

Every year I give my husband handmade anniversary cards and he accepts them with a smile but doesn't look closely because he's not really a handmade card kind of a guy! This year's card got rave reviews from him though and that made me smile as it literally took a few minutes to make! Come and see:


I used some of Stampin' Up's gorgeous washi tape and a snippet of left over designer paper to create a strong horizontal theme and embellished with a punched heart and some staples. The date of our marriage was stamped with my Day to Day Project Life photopolymer stamp set - what a useful set that has turned out to be!


My husband told me he loved the colours - and who wouldn't?! Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze are a wonderful rich combination perfect for this time of year.

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!) 

Memorable Moments Wood-Mount Stamp Set
Memorable Moments Wood-Mount Stamp Set
...
Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack
Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack
£15.50

My shop is open 24/7 so you can buy Stampin' Up products from me any time, day or night.
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Our anniversary celebrations were a little low-key this year because our youngest son wasn't well and we didn't want to leave him to go off jollying. Instead we got to spend an evening breathing in the glorious scent of these beauties...


... and if you were passing our house that evening you may have heard the pop of a champagne cork and the sound of clinking glasses. Twenty years of marriage definitely merits a glass of bubbles don't you think?!

See you tomorrow,


15 comments:

  1. Many congrats on your 20th Wedding Anniversary Vicky.

    Lovely flowers . . . I can smell them from here!

    I like your strong geometric lined masculine anniversary card too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That card is absolutely stunning. Love the colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both on 20 years of marriage. My hubby constantly tells people we've been HAPPILY married for 10 years. Trouble is next year is our 30th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's just keeping you on your toes Ann! (Note to self: must remember this for next year's card!) x

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, fabulous card. 20 years of marriage certainly merits champagne, maybe a medal of bravery, or in my case certifying! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of All... Happy Anniversary to you both xxxx
    Now I might just need to pinch this design for a masculine card I need to make this week...love the colours.Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many many congratulations on your 'China' anniversary, Vicky I hope you manage to celebrate later when your son is little better! And thanks as always for 'visiting' me supportive as ever and leaving such a delightful comment x very best wishes to you both
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy anniversary, what a shame you couldn't celebrate in style, I hope your son is better now. Love the card what a great idea for a man

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card. Happy belated anniversary Mr and Mrs Hayes! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated anniversary greetings - I think champagne is certainly the way to celebrate a milestone! I think the card you made is just super - the colours are so rich and warm - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Vicky. We had our 20th in January...it is very special :). Hope your youngest is better soon. Helen X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Vicky, yes 20 years, is definitely a champagne anniversary.

    I can see why he loved the card, so masculine and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a lovely celebration. A lovely card too and hope your son is much better now
    Best wishes
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)