Pages

Friday 7 November 2014

Recessed Christmas bauble card using Endless Wishes from Stampin' Up

When I first saw the Stampin' Up autumn/winter catalogue, my family thought I was in pain when they heard my shrieks and squeals! Everything in this catalogue thrills me to bits and now I'm using all the new sets for my Christmas creations, I'm truly in stamping heaven! Today I've come up with something a bit different to do with Endless Wishes. Come and see:


There's nothing complicated about this card but I think it looks rather elegant with its touches of gold and the white space really draws attention to the rich red and gold.



I cut an aperture into the panel with one of my Circles framelits and added a pierced frame. The 'bauble' that fits into the recess was punched out of Cherry Cobbler card stock, stamped with Endless Wishes snowflakes and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


I really don't think I will ever get tired of combining the sentiments from this gorgeous photopolymer stamp set. I've gone for a simple 'Christmas greetings' here but I'm dying to say 'A little dash of Merry' really! How about you?

The inspiration for this card came from ATCAS where there's a gorgeous photo prompt this week.



BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!) 


My shop is open 24/7 so you can buy Stampin' Up products from me any time, day or night.
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Somehow, we managed to miss all the firework displays this year apart from the ones we saw from the upstairs bedroom window. I suppose it shows how everyone's growing up in our family. Bonfire night used to be part of our family calendar - getting everyone togged up in warm clothing, venturing out into the cold, dark night to meet friends, oohing and aahing over the display, the excitement of sparklers and eventually the return home for hot baked potatoes with buttery ham, cheese and onion filling. I can see I'm going to have to invent some new family rituals!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you very soon,

10 comments:

  1. Hello Vicky

    A beautiful CAS card. The red and gold look so elegant together, and the added bow is perfect.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so classy Vicky! Gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Vicky, I'm going to have to pinch your idea. No bonfire night in France, I was homesick when my niece in Scotland told me she was just back form the bonfire the other night. Have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant Vicky I may have to case that idea!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunningly elegant Christmas card

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUSLY elegant card, I can see why you are thrilled with it.

    Yes it's a shame when little rituals you have done over the years change as they do, I feel that at Christmas too, we used to have at least 8 /10 for lunch now it is only the 3 of us, just not the same!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card idea.

    I like the sound of the sentiment you're dying to add, it's just a shame there's not a "and a large dollop of" to add to the "& Bright"! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just had to pin this card...love the simplicity and sumptuous colours!! xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)