Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Yellow roses for friendship

Hello crafting pals!

I've got my colouring hat on at the moment and my beautiful Wplus9 Modern Roses set is getting plenty of use! I've been experimenting with backgrounds too. Come and see:


I don't know anyone who doesn't adore red roses, like these ones I coloured a couple of days ago. But how about those gorgeous scented yellow roses, with deep amber centres, that turn paler as they open? That's what I was aiming for when I watercoloured this one.


They say yellow roses signify friendship too :) I used a fine paintbrush with Daffodil Yellow and Crushed Curry inks for the rose, and Old Olive for the leaves. The background is a vague attempt at a bokeh effect using sponge daubers!


One sponge dauber was used to stamp circles of diluted ink (So Saffron and Daffodil Delight) onto my panel and, once that had dried, circles of white craft ink stamped over the top using a clean dauber. I added some black and white striped washi for a bit of 'edge' and layered on my fussy cut roses and leaves. The card was finished with some gold sequins and a fabulous sentiment from Clearly Besotted's Blossoms in Bloom.

Oh yes, I may or may not have been shopping...! More about that tomorrow :)

I'm going to enter this card (which is as maximilist as I get!) into the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More this week. (Also, SO good to see Kylie is launching an exciting new challenge called Perfectly CAS - why not pop over and take a look? This lady deserves a medal for services to CAS!)



AND IN OTHER NEWS
My son returned from Reading Festival with a bag of washing and a great tan. Once he'd transformed back into the version of my son that smells of soap and toothpaste, he enthused about the festival and impressed me by saying he'd earned enough money returning empty cups and bottles to cover the cost of eating for the whole weekend! I think he's going to do well budgeting at uni :)

So which is your favourite colour rose? Red, yellow, white, pink? Or how about those amazing delicately tinted lilac or peachy hued ones? Let me know in the comments below!

Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Love that background Vicky and whilst the red roses were beautiful, yellow roses are my favourite and this one is gorgeous! As for that son of yours - he will go far! Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this one's for you then Joanne! x
      About my son, I know - I think my work is done!

      Delete
  2. Love your background and any colour rose will do for me, preferably perfumed LOL. I had two Gnephews to to the Festival too. I'm waiting for feedback! Your son did well for his pocket and the environment.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the perfumed roses too Faith. Hope the Gnephews had a good time :)

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)