Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2019

Bunches of floral fun

Hello crafting friends!

Don't we all love flower stamps? I've been very much enjoying rebuilding my floral collection and one thing I've been trying to do more is step outside my comfort zone when colouring them. Today's card is an example of that. Come and see what you think:


This little bouquet, from Say It With Flowers by Clearly Besotted, has been coloured and fussy cut. I popped it up on dimensionals over a border of water coloured stripes, edged with a left over strip of designer paper.


The poppies are obviously the star of the show and I coloured them in Poppy Parade as expected. After that, I went a bit off piste with Highland Heather flower heads, Mango Melody leaves and neutral Crumb Cake stalks! I didn't have the colours I wanted in alcohol markers so I used Stampin' Write markers for the poppies and stalks, and blender pen and inks for the leaves and flower heads.


The sentiment I used comes with the set and is more appropriate than 'Thanks a bunch' which can be construed as a bit sarcastic where I come from!

I am always so grateful for the people that inspire us crafters week after week with their wonderful card making challenge sites. Today I'm joining in with Just Add Ink, where there's a beautiful photo to set our creative juices flowing; also Just Us Girls, where it's Word Week and the word is, appropriately enough, 'Thanks'; I'm also linking up with CAS Colours and Sketches where the colour palettes always send me off down wonderful avenues of exploration!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
On the 5th of November, every year in Great Britain, fireworks are let off to celebrate the uncovering of a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament and the averting of that disaster. To be honest, I could be happy to see this tradition go by the wayside - as I'm sure many pet owners would. The fireworks are not confined to a small time frame on the actual 5th, but are let off at unexpected times, often a week or sometimes two weeks either side of the date. Eva is NOT a fan of fireworks although she isn't as terrified as some poor animals. I always stay in with her of course, curtains closed, music on, but there are many pets that are expected to 'just get on with it'. So Sad.

Thank you many bunches for visiting me today. It's always lovely to welcome you here and to read your comments :)

Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card Vicky and so colourful. Thanks for sharing your poppy thank you card with us this week at Just Us Girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card - lovely layout and pretty colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card, Vicky. Gorgeous colouring of that beautiful floral bunch. It's so nice to see your work again (I've been MIA for too long obviously). Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Patrice, it's nice to be back! x

      Delete
  4. Love this CAS beauty! The stamped bouquet is coloured beautifully and looks fantastic against the watercoloured stripes. Thanks fro sharing your stunning creation with us at Just Add Ink this week. xOx Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! Thanks for the fab inspiration too :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely and colourful bouquet of a card.

    Bring back Guy Fawkes to finish the task I say . . . wish we could have a fresh start in Govt!
    But I'm with you on the incessant use of fireworks on the wrong day! If you asked someone to set light to a £20 note they would think you're mad . . . but that's exactly what they do by spending £20 on fireworks! D'oh! +++ Jumps off soapbox +++

    TTFN old fruit!
    Hugs, Sarn x


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, I was just climbing up onto the soapbox to join you when you jumped off! I'm not really into banning things but please could we just stick to one day or not bother?!!!
      xxx

      Delete
  6. I love that beautiful bouquet and the way you colored it! That fun striped panel is so perfect on this lovely design. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I love that bouquet too and will enjoy colouring it in all sorts of combinations!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful card! Great job with the colors! So bright & cheery! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Loved those colours and would never have thought of them together!

      Delete
  8. Great interpretation of the colours, Vicky. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so pretty, Vicky! Your coloring is beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)