Pages

Monday 24 February 2020

A flock of one layer Birds!

Hello crafting friends!

Mondays are busy days but I just snuck in a quick little note card! Come and see:


I started by masking off the right hand and bottom edges of a nice thick card base, then blended some Tumbled Glass distress ink towards the centre. After removing the mask, I added a sentiment, stamped some birds around it and it was done!


The sentiment is from WPlus9's Hello and Thanks and I've stamped it and fussy cut it. I'm pretty sure there's a coordinating die but I reckon if I fussy cut the things I can, I'll have more to spend on stamps! The birds are from Take Flight II by Inkilicious, a handy little set!

CHALLENGES
I've found a new challenge - yay! It's called Double D Challenges and it's a fun new fortnightly challenge. The theme for this fortnight is Saying Hello and there's a mood board that you can draw inspiration from if you wish. I'm playing along there with today's card and also CAS(E) This Sketch, which has an iconic sketch this week!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My inspiration for this card was the flock of grateful little birds that come to your garden when you put out bird food on a freezing day. On the other hand, there will be people that this card should NOT be sent to! I sat in a park with my cousin once and was astonished when she froze and gave a little scream when a pigeon hopped by. Apparently, a phobia of birds is a real thing - and not just after watching the Alfred Hitchcock film The Birds! There are all sorts of strange phobias - including a fear of buttons, holes and books!

I must say, I'm not a big fan of spiders...! Do you have any phobias?


26 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky! We are so happy you found us and can't wait to see more of your fabulous creations in upcoming challenges! This card is AWESOME! I love your CAS design ... just PERFECT!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hello’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Darlene! I'm sure I'll be popping in regularly - sounds just my kind of challenge!

      Delete
  2. Stunning card Vicky, you make it sound you just sat down and 5 minutes later it looked fabulous? You'll have to teach me how LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't know about fabulous, but it really did take about 5 minutes! x

      Delete
  3. WHat a lovely creation....love the sponging and that big sentiment! And OF COURSE, the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds of the seagulls at the beach when your trying to have a picnic ~ We have some bold buggers in VA :) I'm with you on spiders but roaches make my skin crawl -ehhhh!- Great card, I like how you taped off the edge instead of going off the page - Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think seagulls are pretty bold the world over Karen! I don't know much about cockroaches except they are supposed to be incredibly adapted to survive hostile environments - got to admire that!

      Delete
  5. Hello Vicky, you are so brilliant at CAS cards and this is no exception, lovely creation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you Kath, what a lovely thing to say! x

      Delete
  6. Awesome card! Love the masked edge - really great technique for a one-layer; I must remember this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just realised, it's actually not a one layer card is it - I've popped the sentiment up rather than just stamping it!

      Delete
  7. love that card, beautiful image of all those birds flying in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! It's the first time I've used these birds en masse!

      Delete
  8. Oh Vicky this is a fabulous card, what a great use of those birds, I LOVE it!! So glad you found our challenge...thank you for joining us at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a beautiful card. I'm like your cousin, though perhaps not as afflicted as she is, as I'm ok with birds on the ground, but freeze when they fly nearby, particularly in flocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It seems so difficult to deal with - after all birds are everywhere! xx

      Delete
  10. Fabulous CAS but inky card with a nice bold sentiment. Love it.

    I do not like spiders either! That's why I have a husband . . . to DEAL with them for me! He's good like that!

    Many x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I know - I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, but Shelob's Lair on paper almost undid me, and the film definitely did! Very pleased to hear that OH is the man to deal with the little arachnids!
      Much
      xxx

      Delete
  11. Your card is lovely and just perfect for our challenge! Thanks for linking up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are the master of subtle yet truly clever CAS designs Vicky - this is a perfect example! I'm not too bad with spiders - I do get freaked out with wobbly teeth though (and don't like to touch other people's feet!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we're all unique Joanne. Maybe you're just a bit more unique than most...Lol!

      Delete
  13. What a fabulous design!!! I love how you have used those birds, this is so creative. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Hello Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy! Didn't know how true to the mood board we were supposed to be!

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)