Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Pattern for a male birthday

Hello crafting friends!

I went away to Norfolk for the weekend and came back to find a little packet of stamps waiting for me! I looked at the suitcase that needing unpacking, the laundry that needed washing, the housework that needed catching up with... and naturally I opened the package and just ever so quickly made a card! Come and see:


There's been a new release at Uniko and I was particularly excited about a new background block stamp called Arts Décoratifs. Here, I've stamped it at an angle off the bottom of a card panel in black, heat embossed it and coloured inside the lines with alcohol markers.


I chose a simple birthday sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings, stamping it along one edge and heat embossing. Black embossing powder and I don't get along very well, so I used my stamping platform to stamp with Memento black ink, cleaned the stamp while in situ, inked it up with versamark and stamped over the black, then embossing with clear embossing powder.


What do you think? It reminds me of a stained glass panel with leading separating the coloured glass but I think it works well for a male card.

CHALLENGES
Embossing is the theme of two current challenges - The Male Room, who want masculine cards using any kind of embossing, and The Paper Players, who want to see heat embossing on our projects. I'm also linking my card up with Perfectly CAS where the theme is shapes using no more than a third of a card front; and Inspired By, where I became very excited by the colours on the inspiration photo!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I very rarely go away as Eva is unable to travel any distance without distress, but oh what a welcome home! She brought me a sock as a present and tried very hard not to jump although I could see she wanted to. I got down to her level and she gave me little kisses, making adorable little hen noises at the same time, and paddling excitedly with her front paws!

Do you have a pet that gives you a first class welcome home?

Hugs,

25 comments:

  1. What do I think? I think it's AMAZING! I have trouble with black embossing too....even when I use your technique! I just think there are gremlins in my craft room! Anyway, this works so well for all your challenges....a fun, creative way to use that stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, bless you LeAnne! I wonder if the gremlins in your craft room are related to the ones in mine?!

      Delete
  2. OH! Vicky you always think outside the box, I love the angled stamping and sentiment, wonderful colours too. I'm with you on the black powder LOL.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith! It's not just black that causes me bother either...! x

      Delete
  3. I Love this embossing and angle as I said previously, but had to visit again with my other hat on :) Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Embossing challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hello Faith with your Male Room hat on! x

      Delete
  4. SUPER embossing and colouring. I'm sure my alcohol markers used to EAT heat embossing! Glad yours didn't!

    LOVE how you've used your new stamp. Strong graphic lines - perfect for the male of the species. It reminds me of stained glass.

    What a lovely welcome home Eva gave you. Hope you enjoyed the weekend away.

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarn. Love this stamp and have been busy thinking of ways to use it since it arrived! Nope, no sign of the markers being peckish for heat embossing!
      I had such a lovely time thank you and the welcome home was the icing on the cake :)
      Hug
      xxx

      Delete
  5. Love your striking modern stained glass at a jaunty angle Vicky! Another inspiring artwork, and your stories always make me smile too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I would say that you have got your priorities right. A lovely CAS card with great embossing and choice of colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure any crafter would relate to making a card with my new stamps before unpacking and dealing with the housework! x

      Delete
  7. I think this is great Vicky - it reminds me of stained glass too! I actually have a stained glass stamp that you've inspired me to experiment with in a more abstract way - love the bold colours too. I'm not surprised Eva missed you - but what a great welcome home. You can count on a four-legged friend for unconditional love for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it Painted Glass? I have that one too - a gift from a friend.
      My little Eva is a very affectionate girl and everyone is included in her friendship circle!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card, the embossing is perfect for your block stamp! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allisa. Always fun to play with The Paper Players!

      Delete
  9. Simply stunning, Vicky! The embossed detail really pops and you are so right, it also reminds me of stained glass. Hope you had a fun trip! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anne Marie! It was a lovely trip - beautiful farmland, a gorgeous beach, sunshine... just not long enough!

      Delete
  10. I'm back with my DT hat on Vicky, as I said earlier I LOVE this card and it's angles, fab colours too. Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Embossing challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the perfect example on how the simplest of things can be extremely beautiful. I LOVE this card.

    Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room Challenge embossing challenge.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea to stamp at an angle like that - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at the Perfectly CAS Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)