Pages

Saturday 7 November 2020

Christmas on wood and ice

Hello, crafting friends!

It has been a hectic week this week but I've finally found myself happily ensconced in the Craft Square Metre today, being inspired by some of my favourite challenges :)  I even found time to photograph a card before the light went!


Here's what I came up with - a wooden plaque in the snow (well that's what it looks like to me anyway!) The background is almost my last snippet of this design from the In Good Taste paper pack from Stampin' Up. I am seriously considering ordering another pack of this - it's been SO useful! I cut out a panel of it using a Heffy Doodle stitched rectangle die and attached it to a card base.


In my snippets box, I found a piece of kraft card stock that had been stamped with Stampin' Up's Hardwood background stamp (retired). There was enough for me to punch out a large circle and I mounted it on a slightly larger circle punched from an offcut of dark brown card stock. I cut my sentiment out of three different colours of card stock using one of a pack of Christmas dies from Hobbycraft. I cut the pieces apart and then glued them together to make one multi-coloured image. The card was very simply finished with some greenery from the snippets box.

CHALLENGES
The inspiration photo at Inspired By as well as Die Cut, Pattern Paper and Sentiment from the inspiration list at Festive Friday set me off making this card; I'm also linking up with The Snippets Playground as everything came from the snippets box except the card base.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
So, I'm feeling like a top footballer at the moment... I have a hamstring injury! At least I think that's what it is. I'm tryying to rest it where possible but since I'm walking for at least two and a half hours a day with the dogs, it's not getting much better :/



But on the plus side, I'm limping about in beautiful autumn sunshine so it really could be a lot worse!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Oh no....hope your leg feels better soon! Your sweet little woodcut is PERFECT for our challenge....I recognized it right away! Rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, winter background and a great sentiment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the die cut sentiment against the woodgrain circle and icy blue background a beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooerrr I do hope your injury gets better soon, it is nice to see the sun shine at last. Fabulous card, love the words bright colours, and I must check my pack of that paper, as I hadn’t noticed that one! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your snow background and the wood with the greenery and the bright sentiment, a Wonderful card.
    Sorry to hear about your injury, not a pleasant thing to have, walking can't help, but you do have the sunshine as you say. Hasn't it been lovely?
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVELY looking festive card.

    Nice autumnal picture too.

    Hug xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a rustic and pretty Christmas card, Vicky! It also looks like it could be hanging on a textured white-washed building. I'll have to go check out that pad! I'm very sorry to hear you might have a hamstring pull. That is so very painful and I hope you can rest it and recover soon. Big hugs, Darnell (Eva looks lovely among the autumn colors!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky you have replicated our photograph to a TEE! Where you saw snow, I saw a shaggy rug! LOve it when I read someone has used a bit of something from their 'snippets' box - the woodgrain is wonderful!
    So glad you're having a beautiful Autumn - take care of that hamstring you foot-baller you! "walk it off" is what your coach would recommend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky, wonderful CAS card, and I agree, the paper from that pack is great. Happy to see you at Festive Friday!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the Inspired By challenge, Vicky! You have beautiful Fall foliage! Take care of that leg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes, take it easy! Gorgeous card, Vicky! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you card! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card ~ Very festive! The Fall colors are beautiful, but take care of your leg ~ Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Vicky - I do love the wood effect as well as the backing paper - a lovely rustic feel.
    Ouch, I feel for you with the hamstring, especially as you really should be resting it a bit. Did you mean dogS - I thought you only have Eva? Have I missed something?

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE your interpretation, this is beautiful and perfect! I hope your injury heals quickly as your meander through beautiful places with your 4-legged friends! Thank you for inspiring us this week @ IB!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)