Pages

Saturday 31 July 2021

Singing in the rain

Hello, crafting friends!

Welcome to another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS! This week Raga is our host and she's obviously thinking of the garden with her code word!


I am a dog walker and rainy is not my favourite weather to walk in as it tends to go hand in glove with mud! But if you have to be out in the rain, you may as well cheer things up with some dotty accessories...


... like these cheerful yellow wellies and orange brolly from Stampin' Up's Under My Umbrella. They have have been paper-pieced with snippets of bright dotty paper. I positioned them on a die cut circle, stamped with Uniko's Pinstripe background to suggest rain.


The sentiment is from Paper Smooches' Sunny Side Up and is stamped in a nice cheery red.

Are you ready to have some fun with our code word? Be sure to check out all the fab inspiration from the team, and from our special guest Arlene, at the Addicted to CAS website won't you! You'll find the Linky Tool there too so that you can share your creation. Remember we are a clean and simple challenge so make sure your card features minimal layers and plenty of lovely clean space!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Inkspirational where the theme is Spots/Dots; I'm also joining in at The Snippets Playground where the goal is to make cards using scraps and lefty overs.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
When I was making today's card I was thinking about my  youngest son who was given a raincoat and wellies with a duck theme when he was maybe two or three years old. He adored them and wore them whether it was raining or not! Just the sight of him wearing them was enough to cheer me up on a rainy day :)


I got so nostalgic I had to look them up to see if they were still available. And yes, they are! The raincoat on the left is sold by Regatta and the wellies on the right are from Boden. Aren't they adorable?!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. The bright sunny colours would cheer up even the most miserable day,a brilliant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is such an wonderful card Vicky. Your placement of each element is perfect, and it’s SOOO cheerful! Bound to make someone smile . . . not bad for a card with the theme of rain!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen those wellies very recently Vicky, I bought them for youngest Granddaughter, might need to check out the matching raincoat.

    A very appropriate card for the weather we have been having this last week, someone said it was Summer? Always admire your CAS creations, I must take note as I so struggle with them.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your umbrella and wellies are adorable and perfect for this CAS challenge! I loved seeing your son's raingear too. When Dana was little she had a sweatshirt we both loved; when you put the hood up, there was a duck bill and eyes on the top, so cute!!! Wish I had kept that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A definite cheer up card Vicky, especially with all the rain that's going around the world. Love the yellow.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky I wanted to thank you for popping by my blog and leaving me such a lovely comment I checked out your other blog and will hopefully be able to participate although I am not too good with CAS lol, loving this card the colours and CAS style are absolutely gorgeous
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love the story about your son. I am struggling a bit with my guys having left then come home then left again.... gifts of the pandemic I suppose. I love the card. So sweet. And I truly love the story behind...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh, this is such a lovely take on the prompt, Claire! I love the contrast of the polka dots with the thin stripes and your sentiment is so sweet!
    Thanks for sharing pics of the raincoat and wellies...such fun things to have when the weather is dreary ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total cuteness! Love the fun boots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card Vicky! LOVE the paper piecing and the 'diagonal' rain.

    Such adorable little wellies and 'Toshymack' - as said by me as a toddler and never forgotten by my lovely parents for the rest of their days.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. CAS-loving heart captured by your sweet boots-and-umbrella card! Absolutely adorable! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Vicky! And the sentiment is perfect for a rainy day card - just wish we could get some of that rain here in Oregon where everything is on fire and it's hotter than hell. xoxo Fran

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky, I'm not in the least bit surprised those fun goodies are still available... those wellies are everything! As for your card - I swear I've been in rainstorms in Yorkshire that had rain that color - coming down in buckets.... :-) I love how the stripes anchor your focal elements, but they did remind me of those storms. :-) However, your bright orange and yellow elements over the top of the stripes cheered me up no end! what a fabulous card
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)