Pages

Monday 12 December 2022

Congratulations to the tassled one!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Thank you so much to those who sent me messages of support and encouragement as I recovered from the various illnesses that tripped me up over the last couple of weeks! The main thing on my mind was that I really, REALLY wanted to go to my youngest son's graduation ceremony but luckily I bounced back to full fitness for that. (I'm still wanting to know who thought it would be a great idea to do graduation ceremonies a couple of weeks before Christmas though... it's got to someone who has never had to organise a Christmas event in their lives hasn't it?!)
 

Before setting off on a beautiful frosty morning, I rustled up this graduation card. I started by sponging yellow ink into a diamond-shaped stencil Inkylicious, taped at an angle off the top edge of my card base, and adding a little red ink on one side to add a bit of depth.  This stencil was a gift from a lovely friend and is SO useful!
 
 
I used a tiny snippet of blue card to cut the numbers using a die from The Works, glueing them to the card front. A congratulations sentiment was stamped on a white off-cut of card in red, snipped out and layered over the top. I thought I had a graduation cap stamp but I couldn't find it, so I had to draw one! It took a couple of tries (and a few more snippets!) but I think it passes as long as you don't put your specs on!! I added a few enamel dots and stars to distract the eye ;)

CHALLENGES
I turned to CAS Colours and Sketches for colour inspiration for this card, so I'm linking up there. I'm also sharing this card at The Snippets Playground - I used blue snippets and white snippets for the numbers, the congratulations sentiment and the grad cap.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Poor Eva was not impressed when she saw both of The Staff getting togged up in frocks and suits - she knows what that means!! But then she discovered that her human sister had come to look after her and airily waved us away.
 

This photo arrived on my phone while we were en route and I would say she wasn't missing us one little bit!

You'll be glad to know that the graduation ceremony went very well and that my son doffed his cap to the chancellor at just the right moment. Afterwards, we kept our strength up with a slap up meal before returning home to the girls.

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. So sorry to read all the mishaps and illness Vicky (just scrolled back to see what I'd missed) but pleased your on the way back up again and got to your Son's Graduation. No idea who came up with them tis time of year but three of ours graduated at Cambridge and they had ceremonies this time of year and cold it was as well.

    A perfect card for the occasion.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant Graduation card Vicky,love the colours,elements and layout.So pleased to read you had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful graduation card, Vicky! And congrats to your son!! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely graduation card for your son. Many congratulations to him on his achievement. Excellent drawing of the mortar board and very innovative use of the diamond stencil too. Brilliant card.

    Eva seems to have enjoyed herself with your daughter while you were gone! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had your voluminous PE knickers on - that slide was cold!! Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground xxx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground too. Glad you had on your voluminous blue PE knickers along with your anorak and mittens in this weather! xxx

      Delete
  5. That really is a great Graduation card Vicky! And your hand drawing is super-impressive. Had a little smile about Eve - isn't it funny how quickly they pick up that someone is heading off out!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the angle of the stenciled area mimics the shape of the mortarboard. Very clever! And believe me, your drawing skills are much better than mine! Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! :)
    I'm glad you're doing better now. Congratulations to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was so busy with getting cards in the mail, starting Christmas Baking, etc that I did not even know you were sick...so sorry, but so happy you were again well for your son's very special graduation occasion. Loved your CAS creative graduation card too and the sweet photo of Eva obviously being...spoiled. Merry Christmas and Happy Healthy New Year. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a proud day for you, fabulous card and I thought it was stamped đŸ˜ƒ. Eva’s enjoying this weather more than me đŸ˜‚xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Vicky, Congratulations to your son.
    Do you think Eva missed you?????? LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that stencilling - what a fabulous card, the blue really pops! Congratulations to the graduate and so glad to hear you are feeling better too. Love that Eva soon shifted her loyalties to whoever was free for walkies too lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is amazing and perfect!!! Many congratulations to your son!!! I think you are very proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, Vicky. I can't believe he's graduated though... surely he's still too young ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your Son with a Well done him. Love your mortar board, that is very clever of you. The card is bright and happy with a wonderful design Vicky. I hope you are back to full strength now. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to the graduate and an awesome card to signify the day! Glad you were feeling better and could attend the ceremony.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)