Pages

Thursday 1 December 2022

A snowy stenciled scene

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday and that means there's a whole lot of new inspiration at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! I came up with this week's board and I hope you'll love using the ideas. 
 

I chose the top row Snow/Stencil/Tree, and made a simple, one-layer Christmas card using The Greetery's Stencilscapes Winter set of layering stencils.
 

I adore the dynamic scene you can build up using these six stencils and it was surprisingly quick and easy too! Once the stencil layers were completed, I added a few details with markers and a sentiment from a Uniko set.


Okay, so now it's your turn! Which row or column has caught your eye this week? Or perhaps you are going for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and admire the samples Design Team X has made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown where the challenge is to use a stencil.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have been AWOL for a week or two after a series of unfortunate events! It started slowly with me snapping a cutting pad by using the wrong sandwich in my Big Shot; then got a bit more serious when the car needed its clutch replacing and then they discovered a whole host of other things wrong as well; and culminated in a tidy group of three with me developing a nasty flu bug and taking to my bed! Dear Eva has been a charming nursemaid though this and is positively worn out with lying on the end of my bed keeping me company!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling much better Vicky,being unwell after the other mishaps was a disaster,at least you had an attentive companion. A beautiful card,so much to see in the winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, and I do hope you’re feeling better! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything made with stencils??? Wow!!!! I'm excited. If I ever have a quiet minute, I also have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I adore the beautifully stencilled Christmas card but am so sorry to hear you’ve been so unwell. Hope you’re feeling better now.

    Good luck sorting the car and die cutting machine out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing result with the stencil Vicky, a beautiful card. As your unfortunate? Episodes? I'm really wishing it all turns out good from now on. Hope your recovery is strong and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about all of your troubles and do hope you are feeling much better.What a great companion Eva is looking after her mummy.Great challenge this week at Tic Tac Toe and your card is fabulous definitely needs to be in a frame .I love the colours and it has a real retro feel to it.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky, elle est splendide, très réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and fabulously stenciled Christmas card, Vicky!!! Thank you so much for playing along with 52CCT. Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's truly amazing that this scene is made with stencils! It must be fun to create and your card is stunning! Thanks for sharing at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in awe that this fabulous scene was created with a stencil - there is so much detail and interest, I could look at it for hours! So sorry to hear you have been under the weather; I hope your recovery will see you fit to enjoy the Christmas festivities and end this run of rather poor luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling better, Vicky! The card is beautiful. If you'd not said it was single layered, I wouldn't have believed you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Vicky! That is a series of unfortunate events... I hope you are feeling better. Your stenciled scene is magical I LOVE it. I had not seen this stencil set, thank goodness. I once again have purchased way more stuff than I can use. I hope your holidays are much brighter, happier and healthier. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, bless, Vicky, I'm sorry you've caught the flu bug. Nasty viruses just won't leave us alone. Thankfully, you have a big hairy nurse to keep an eye on you! Wait. That sounded wrong! Love your wonderful Christmas outdoor scene! Stay well. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)