Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2023

Hugs and puppy snuggles

Hello, crafting friends!
 
What a couple of weeks it has been! But February is here now and I'm happy because I've had a chance to get busy with some snippets:
 

I often ink around the edges of the front of my card bases and this one was one I changed my mind about. The little dog was in my snippets box too. It's from a wonderful Anita Jeram image (see a card made with it HERE) but I really messed up the background of my first try. I saved the dog by snipping it out of the quilt and put it in the snippets box to use on another project. All the other bits are tiny snippets of designer paper and card.
 

I trimmed the white card down with a stitched rectangle die by Heffy Doodle. This was attached to the ink-edged card base and topped with the green floral paper and the wooden plank piece. Eva prefers to be on the hard floor (when she isn't taking up all the space on a sofa!) but I gave my little pup a soft place to sleep by trimming the coral piece of paper with a cloud border die.
 

The letters were cut with The Greetery's Slim Alphabet dies but I found they got lost against the green floral. Luckily I hadn't glued everything down yet!
 
 
The solution was to wrap a snippet of vellum round the floral paper, securing it behind, and glue the sentiment over the top. I finished off with a few enamel shapes.

CHALLENGES
I kept my colours to the palette in the Color My Heart Color Dare challenge #531 (choosing the top row Papaya/Peach/Sage and adding in Honey Butter and Toffee) so will link up there; I'm also joining in with The Alphabet Challenge where Debbie has chosen V for Vellum; and of course I'll be heading over to The Snippets Playground with my homework and to play 'Pinch, Punch, First Day of the Month' with any unsuspecting playmates!!

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Its been a Golden Girl day today! I took them to a favourite place that has a stream running though it AND a river at the bottom AND a melted ice rink!!
 

And no, in case youre wondering, there can NEVER be enough water for a Golden Retriever to career about in!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. An adorable image Vicky but Eva is even more beautiful. A fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME homely scene. Absolutely lovely card. Nice alpha font too!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so busy saying how much I liked your card that I forgot to thank you for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Will add extra marshmallows to your mug of hot chocolate by way of apology! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card Vicky! You created such a sweet scene - LOVE how you used the vellum for the sentiment - it certainly makes it stand out beautifully with the pretty floral snippet in place underneath. Lovely photo of the Golden Girls too! Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just the best use of snippets - you really are so creative with your 'leftovers' Vicky! This sweet little scene is adorable - your pup looks so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pawfect card, with more tips, like the vellum layer, and the cloud for a bed, you never cease to amaze me, and inspire me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know how to spoil a dog and gave him a blanket!!! Super nice and cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card and a fantastic save, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, Vicky! Vellum makes such a nice background, doesn't it? Your doggies (both paper and real) are so sweet. Love it! Thank you for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet card, the vellum layer adds just the right touch, and of course any card with a dog on it makes me smile! Looks like a great day in the water for your girls. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and wonderful huggy card Vicky. I know what you mean about dogs and water, our Jess pouted, if she had to come out to return home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a wonderful use of snippets. The card is so pretty and that adorable little dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card, Vicky! I can tell your love of dogs from the card. :-)
    Adding the coral cushion onto the wooden floor balances the color layout and inserting a strip of vellum under the die-cut sentiment is a great solution to making the sentiment stand out. Thanks for sharing a picture of your darling Golden Retriever, Eva, too. She looks so happy!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)