Pages

Thursday 8 June 2023

Circle of thanks

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday and that means being inspired eight different ways by a new board at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Let's have a look at the ideas Betty has put on the new board:
 
 
What a lot of fabulous ideas! I settled on the right hand column Yellow/Diecuts/Floral.
 
 
I had a lot of fun coming up with this layout! I started with two die cut stems and flower heads from The Greetery's Wildflower Mix die set which I coloured with sponge daubers and ink. While playing around with them I saw that the stems formed a circular shape so decided to create a medallion-style sentiment. Using a circle punch, I cut three yellow circles and and stacked them on top of each other (the photo hasn't picked up the yellow sadly), finishing with a white circle stamped with a sentiment from an old Stampin' Up set. The flowers and medallion together made quite a long shape so I created a sponged and stenciled background for them down the centre of a card base, scoring lines either side for a neat finish.
 
 
Okay, so now it's your turn! Which column or row is speaking to you this week? Or maybe you're attracted to one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge site to check out the beautiful inspiration from the design team. When you're ready to link up your own creation, youi'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post. We can't wait to see what you make!
 
CHALLENGES
I've just seen that our favourite craft challenge duo, Darlene and Diane, have come up with another great challenge: The Triple B Challenge! Get your Birds, Butterflies and Blooms ready for this one and there's an optional inspiration board. I'm entering with my blooms this time; I'm also joining in at Allsorts where Anything Goes with the option to Use Your Dies.



AND IN OTHER NEWS
This is Cody, one of Eva's pals.
 

He is rather concerned.
 
I asked if anyone fancied a Walk and he said Yes with his tail, but now I have disappeared into the kitchen to answer the ringing thing that humans call Telephone and Cody is a bit worried that I have forgotten the Walk. 

I hadn't forgotten though and it was an extra special Walk with Swimming! Cody was relieved - he knew he hadn't been mistaken in me :)

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful diecuts and layout Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cody is a handsome fellow. Of course you wouldn’t let him down!

    LOVE your sweet flowers and the well designed card layout. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty card and I am delighted that you chose to support my dies option this week at Allsorts. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly crafted, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design on your card Vicky, it's so pretty, a lovely “Thank You” card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet flowers and I love how the stems curl around the sentiment! Great layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky, this is just gorgeous! Love your design and the color is perfect to showcase these pretty flowers! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the dog whisperer me thinks, your beautiful doggies are so lucky to have you I wish you lived close by plus we could make cards together. What a beautiful card love the central panel highlighting those gorgeous blooms and the white space makes them stand out even more.

    marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a clever design Vicky; those flower stems frame the circular sentiment beautifully. Such a unique layout that is so pleasing to look at - great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)