Pages

Sunday 4 June 2023

Hen Party Favour bags

Hello, crafting friends!
 
If you popped by yesterday you'll have seen the cards I made for my daughters hen party. They were slipped into little favour bags which I'm showing you today:
 

The bags themselves are little 'mini lunch sacks' left over from my Stampin' Up demo days all those years ago - knew they'd come in handy one day! I decorated them with Funky Fossil's In The Meadow stamp set, stamped in black and doodled in gaps and in areas where they didn't stamp well.
 

The tags were made entirely with snippets and left overs! The biggest snippets were offcuts of a dark kraft card which I cut with a small arch nesting die. I decorated these with flowers and leaves cut from green, yellow and coral snippets. I stamped hens on white snippets with a hand-carved stamp that my daughter bought in Paris years ago when she was studying there and gave to me as a gift. They needed to be fussy cut - a labour of love! I cut small black circles from black offcuts and glued them to the tags, made a hole in them using my cropadile and threaded them with some coordinating twine from my stash. I attached the tags to the bags with little coloured library clips that I've had in my stash for years.
 

They were an easy design for multiples (although I ran out of time - I had meant to use green washi tape to ground my hen and finish the flowers with a black marker. Aaaargh!)
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking my tag up with the Cut It Up Challenge where the theme is Tag You're It - Make A Tag; I'm also galloping off to the Snippets Playground to share this project as it was made entirely with left overs and snippets! I feel like a proper womble!! Since this is the first time I've used the hen stamp, I am linking up with Darnell's NBUS challenge where we are inspired to use our Never Before Used Schtuff!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
As one of the activities at the party, the Head Bridesmaid showed us how to make perfume. It was such fun! We all selected our preferred mix of essential oils and mixed them in a spray bottle with gycerine, alcohol and water. By the end of the party, they had blended and there were some gorgeous signature perfumes! Each guest had their perfume added to their bag, along with the thank you card, a packet of little speckled candy covered chocolate eggs, and...
 
 
... an adorable little ceramic hen to remind the guests of when they were hens! They came in different colours and were made by a local potter. I wrapped them in coral coloured tissue, secured with yellow washi tape.

It was such a lovely party. We had lunch, played games, did plenty of Golden Retriever cuddling, and had a lot of fun laughing and chatting together. And then, right at the end, amid much laughter, the Head Bridesmaid produced a bag and from it dressed my daughter up in a 'Bride to Be' sash, a mini veil and some kind of crazy tiara!  I sent them off in a taxi bus, giddy with giggling, to go off to the evening party.
 

This was the photo that overset me. My daughter left home to go to university ten years ago and has been an independent young lady living in a flat of her own ever since, but there was something so touching about this picture that I had to reach for the tissues!

Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Beautifully decorated bags Vicky,love the hen tags,a great theme for the hen party

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous idea and one that I may borrow if you don't mind. The tag is adorable and the stamped bag ~ love it!! Thanks for joining our Cut it Up Tag challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky - got me blubbing here as well! What a lovely photo of your daughter. Loved reading about the hen celebrations - and your gift bags are a total joy! The girls will have been delighted for sure! I hope that sweet Eve got a 'doggy hen' version of her own? Speaking of pooches, we got some Jude's Doggy ice cream in today's Ocado delivery for Dudley - strawberry, apple and banana non dairy ice cream. Tempting as it is to try him sooner we're actually going to wait for a day when he's a bit hot and might be more adventurous. Most times he's fine but I really don't fancy eating the rest of the box if he doesn't like them! Hope you have your outfit and 'hat/headwear' all ready - and plenty of tissues - for the big day itself! Exciting times!!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag you made is so pretty and the tag is perfect on there. Great job!! Thanks for joining our Tag You're It challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your gift bags Vicky, so full of thought and love. Looks like your old stash came in very handy ;) Don’t regret the finishing touches, they look fantastic, and the little chickens, what a fab gift for each of them. Happy tears I’m sure. You did her proud. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I LOVE your cute hen party bags and their contents Vicky. Sometimes a lovely photo of like that of your daughter just sparks the emotion and brings a tear to your eye.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished skipping and playing hopscotch, meet me, Di and Dudley up in the Treehouse for a beverage of your choice! Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bags are so sweet and I don't blame you for getting upset xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure the guests are all saying that it was the best hen party ever! Your daughter is beautiful and I totally get the tears. So many emotions go with the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing all about the hen festivities, Vicky! So fun! I went back to see yesterday's post and love the thank you cards you made to go in these darling little bags with the ceramic hens and their custom perfumes! I think the photo captured the little girls she once was ... a reminder of how fast she grew up, became independent, and now will embark on her own marriage journey. A big milestone! Congratulations and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw Vicky your daughter looks so sweet and so young looks like she could be going off to school not to her hen party.Sounds like it was a fabulous day and all of your makes are fabulous and all with scraps too ! Far better than the ready bought stuff you see at these things and truly items to be treasured for years to come.
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful gift bags and tags, they'll be treasures I'm sure, fabulous idea about the perfume and the hens are so adorable. As for the piccie of your daughter. Yep! I haven't a daughter, but I would be the same with my nieces, Ask me how I know. hahaha. Lovely memories for you all.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)