Pages

Thursday 20 July 2023

Delicate rose

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today I'm joining my Tic Tac Toe Challenge team mates for a wonderful new board of inspiration devised by Felicita:

I immediately went for the right hand column CAS/Sentiment/Stencil - you know I can never resist a bit of stencil fun!
 

I chose two of my favourite stencils, both from Uniko, Pure Florals Rose and Nature's Treasure. I wanted to see if I could follow the line of the rose with the curve of the leaves and I'm pleased with the way it turned out. 
 

I started with the large leaf from Nature's Treasure, sponging pale green ink into it with a dauber. The stencil comes with the leaf mask as well, so I taped that over the image while stenciling the rose in peach ink. I used the smaller leaf at the top to balance out the colours and, after removing the leaf mask, added colour and detail with coloured pencils. Finally, I stamped the birthday sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings and added some clear dots for that 'fresh as the morning' look!

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the design team. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it when you're ready to share your own creation with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in with The Flower Challenge where the theme this month is to use a CAS style to showcase your flowers; I'm also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where anything using stencils goes; and the Stencil Fun Challenge where the optional theme is birthdays.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My daughter wanted a bohemian style wedding so she shunned the more traditional roses and lilies for a handful of wild flowers! I was a bit dubious about this at first ("Nothing says 'I do' like a bunch of dead flowers," I said sarcastically) but she wanted to try, so I agreed to give it a practice run. Wild flowers and grasses had been specifically grown for this event so we were able to choose a selection. I then made a posy, cut the stems to length, wrapped them in water soaked kitchen roll and wrapped them tightly in clingfilm. This was then covered in jute twine and finished with a pretty bow.
 

Aren't they pretty? And just exactly what she had envisaged! We put the bouquet in the fridge overnight and carried it about in the heat of the next day and amazingly, they stayed fresh! So we were able to go ahead on the night before the wedding and pick flowers for the tables and to create the bouquet, which my daughter whipped out of the fridge just before walking up the aisle!!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Well that’s a very pretty stencilled card and a gorgeous wildflower posy for the wedding. Both lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful soft colours in your stencilling Vicky, a gorgeous card,love the wild flower bouquet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so delicate and the small water drops are the special highlight. You might also want to show this card at DotMCC, our current topic: CAS cards.
    https://dayofthemonthcardclub.blogspot.com/2023/07/53-national-simplicity-day.html
    And your humor is very special, I laughed a lot and I'm very happy that your daughter has prevailed, because I love wildflowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Vic, your card is simply BEAUTIFUL!! So glad you've found & are enjoying our Stencil Fun Challenge ... we just recently opened another fun challenge all about using the CAS design ... called Simply Clean & Simple ... you can find the link below my signature. This card qualifies perfectly ... please come join in!

    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    OH and on another note ... the wildflowers are beautiful and usually hold up longer than roses do. Years ago with my younger sister was getting married, I did all the bridesmaids bouquets using the flowers from our father's flower garden ... they turned out prettier than the rose bouquet she ordered from a florist for her own bouquet lol. Good choice on the wildflowers! Congrats to the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stenciled off the edge card design, Vicky. Your card would be perfect for our Group of Seven technique...off the edge too if you would like to add to our linky :-)
    LOVE your DD's beautiful wildflowers bouquet too. Perfect for her nature loving outdoor wedding:-) TFS your card and the pretty flowers. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty peach colored stenciled rose, Vicky! And your daughters bouquet is as beautiful as anything a florist could create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the leaves placed perfectly Vicky. A Beautiful card. As for your daughter's bouquet, they are stunning. She must have had such a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your rose turned out beautifully. I love the soft ethereal look to your card. I am glad the flowers for your daughter's wedding worked out, too! Thanks so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly, I can see why that stencil is a favourite Vicky - that rose has so much impact! Secondly, you a such a woman of many talents! The wildflower bouquet is so pretty in a natural way - I am impressed you planned and grew the contents too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really are the queen of CAS, Vicky. The wedding flowers are beautiful, too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card with gorgeous stenciling so pretty and delicate.As for the flowers I simply adore them so natural and how amazing that you grew them especially for the wedding.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Vicky! Reminds me to carry on trying out stencilling! The wedding flowers are lovely - like a breath of the countryside.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)