Pages

Monday 17 July 2023

Feel better with forget me nots

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The other day,  I was looking up forget me nots to see whether they had 4 petals or 5. It turns out they usually have 5 but can have 6 but never mind that, while looking I started to wonder whether I could put a leaf stamp and a little flower stamp together and make forget me nots... And so this card happened:
 

The leaves are from a flower in a long-ago retired Stampin' Up set called Butterfly Basics and the tiny flower is from a freebie SU set from a few years ago called Thoughtful Blooms. I inked up the stems and leaves from the first flower with a green water-based marker and stamped it along the bottom of a card base, varying the height and angle. I was then able to add the tiny flower to these images, stamping repeatedly in pale blue ink.
 

For a bit of depth, I used coloured pencils to add yellow flower centres, to vary the intensity of the blue petals and to shade in the leaves and stems with green. 


To finish the card, I stamped a favourite sentiment in blue ink and tied some yellow bakers twine to the edge, finishing with a neat bow.

CHALLENGES
I used the colour palette from Sunday Stamps to create this card so I'm linking up there; I'm also linking up at Stamping Sensations where the theme is Summer Flowers and We Love Stamping where the theme is Fabulous Florals.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Earlier on in the year, when my daughter found her wedding dress, we had conversations about the little rhyme for a bride:
 
Something old
Something new
Something borrowed 
Something blue

For 'old' and 'borrowed' I lent her these little vintage pearl earrings, very simple and just what she wanted.
 
 
'New' was easy as her dress and shoes were new. But we were stumped on the 'blue' for a while. In the end, I asked her if she would trust me to embroider something on the inside of the dress where no-one would see it and she agreed (clearly not knowing that embroidery is not my forté!)
 

And so I had a go at embroidering a tiny forget me not on the inside of one of the seams. It's not expertly done but she seemed to like it and it was a personal touch.
 
Speedwell with their 4 petal heads

It turns out it isn't a forget me not (which, as I now know, has more than 4 petals) but is more like a speedwell!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Just beautiful, Vicky! I love that this is all one layer, and that perfect sentiment is just so pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your field of forget me nots are so pretty, Vicky! How special to embroider the little forget me not in the seam of your daughter's wedding dress. That makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did indeed create very delicate Forget Me Nots Vicky, had you asked me that question about petals I wouldn't have known either.

    Many thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping.

    I hope your Daughters wedding went well after all the planning, we also had Azaria's last weekend and a lovely event.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your forget me not flowers Vicky,a beautiful card. ermbroidering one into the seam of her dress was a wonderful idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely delicate card, goes perfectly with the delicate earrings and embroidery……such a lovely personal touch xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, beautiful, like a view of a flower meadow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s a lovely get well card. Your little blue flowers are pretty whatever they are!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card and I love the earrings, the embroidery, what a lovely touch and beautiful too. Such lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your field of forget me not is fantastic and a perfect display of our color combo!! Beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with our "Summer Days" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps.
    -Deb Horst, DT #SSC313

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous artistic flower Vicky, you have done well. Gorgeous earrings as well, and I can't see anything wrong the flower you have created inside your daughter's Wedding Dress. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your forget me not card couldn't be more delightful, Vicky. I am so impressed with how well you matched up the two different stamps to create the row of flowers and the colored pencil coloring is sperfect. Thank you so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps and also the sweet story about the flower you stitched in your daughter's wedding dress!

    Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. Thank you for sharing such personal details about the trinkets xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is lovely, a lovely stamp which has been coloured so perfectly.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely and beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  15. A superb card and should be framed as for your embroidery how clever and unique you are such a talented lady.The forget me not has a special place in my heart as when my dad passed away a few years ago my sister made little envelopes and filled them with forget me knot seeds to give to our friends and family after the service.

    Marie

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)