Pages

Monday 21 August 2023

Just keep swimming

Hello, crafting friends!
 
After a long walk on Saturday morning with Eva and her spaniel pal, I thought the rest of the morning would be good for ignoring the chores and instead having a catch up with some challenges that have caught my eye this week! Please don't judge! 
 

So this card was started by cutting a panel and taping an arch die cut upside down onto it. I then positioned Uniko's Tiger Print stencil over the top of that and sponged blue ink into it. The stencil was taken away but before removing the arch mask, I sponged more blue ink over the top of the stenciling. I wanted it to look like swirling ocean waves.
 

In the upside down arch shape, I coloured a sky and sea with more sponged ink and some coloured pencils. I stamped a fish from Clearly Besotted's Under the Sea on a snippet of white paper, coloured it with coloured pencils and fussy cut it. The sentiment is from MFT's You're Fin-tastic, stamped in dark blue ink and heat embossed and the fish was popped up on a dimensional pad next to it. The panel was glued onto a yellow mat, attached to a card base and the card finished with some lovely shiny enamel dots for a bit of extra detail :)

CHALLENGES
Jen Mitchell's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches intrigued me and I had to join in there; The inspiration photo at Inspired By dictated the theme, along with Allsorts where Brenda's challenge is All (Real) Creatures Great and Small; I'm also playing along with Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Goes.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
When Eva found out the title of this post, she assured me that she has every intention of keeping on swimming!
 

I think she's enjoying her summer!

Sending hugs,


12 comments:

  1. Your card made me smile,a great layout and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice design for a summer card but of course you know who stole this show! Thanks for joining in at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva certainly looks like she’s enjoying herself.

    Great card - love the stencilling and the use of the upside down arch! You’re so clever and inventive xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, Vicky. Makes me want to head to the pool xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, how cute is this! Your ocean waves and little fishy pool are so clever! I predict a winner for several of those challenges! And I love how Eva is staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely sweet card design. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute fish and wonderful stenciled waves, Vicky! I don't think you need to mention swim twice to Eva!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very clever design Vicky, love the fish with the great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beaitiful and creative design, Vicky! I love the clean lines and the tiny fish scene you created in the upsturned arch. Just gorgeous!
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in awe of your card! I love a good CAS card with a twist! Thanks so much for joining us at The Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)