Pages

Saturday 26 August 2023

Love and Sunshine

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's an Addicted to CAS Saturday today! Thank you to all of you who joined in with my Leaves challenge last time - it was so hard to choose a winner among such gorgeous entries! Today Helen has chosen a fab new Code Word:
 

You might be inspired by a summer holiday but remember that there are cards to make for Other Holidays later in the year that you may be wanting to crack on with...! Despite my stay by the sea back in June, I am still yearning for walks on the beach and the sound of gulls so I came up with this:
 

To create this card, I sponged in a simple background using handmade sticky note masks. The sentiment was stamped over the top and the scene cut out with a label die from The Works. The label was then attached to a card base.


There's a nice sized seagull in the set as well as some shells.
 

I stamped them all in pale blue ink and coloured them quickly with coloured pencils, cut them out and mounted them onto the card front. To finish, I added touches of white acrylic paint pen to the shoreline and a little Wink of Stella.

Okay, so now it's your turn! How does our Code Word inspire you? Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS blog to see all the amazing inspiration from my team mates. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own creation with us. Don't forget to keep your card nice and Clean and Simple with plenty of clear space, but above all, have fun!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at As You See It where the theme is At The Beach; At Festive Friday they're celebrating National Beach Day, so I'm joining in there too with Sea, Sand and Shells from the list; I've finally managed to join in at Stamping Sensations too, where the mood board features a beach as well as a blue and yellow colour palette; And, as it's the first outing for this stamp set, I'm sharing at Darnell's NBUS challenge.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva is missing the beach too. She loves to run on the huge expanses of sand and is happy to paddle in the shallows - although if there are big waves she barks at them and warns us to get back!
 

Her favourite beach moment this year was finding a dead seal. I didn't realise what it was at first but soon became alerted by the fact that she was making a beeline for it in a very focused way. I legged it off in hot pursuit but naturally she got there first. She did hear my agitated shouts though and was thoughtful enough not to roll in the corpse, contenting herself with a quick wee on it instead. If you are thinking about getting a dog, here is my top tip: Do not get one unless you have a strong stomach!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful reminder of summer Vicky, Avian flu has limited visits to the beach this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice CAS card and reflection of walks by the beach, something we've not managed this year.

    It's nice to know the habit of leaving headlands to Nature is being implements across the Counties. I passed one near Huntingdon yesterday where they had planted the headland with Sunflowers, no idea if they will harvest them or if they are purely to encourage wildlife. But it's all good.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful beach scene. Love the embellishments too.

    Happy Saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet and serene beach view, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you did the shoreline, it looks so realistic! I also love the shape you used, and when I read what it was I remembered I had it in my stash too, so must dig it out! I did not like Eva’s discovery though 🤢xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so lovely, Vicky - love your gorgeous ocean scene, and those shells are perfectly darling! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! Clean in style but not at all simple! The addition of that stitched frame is genius. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been unable to get to the beach this year, so this beautiful card makes me yearn for it xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! Living in the desert really makes me appreciate the trips and time we have had on vacations at the beach. Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a beautiful card Vicky, makes me feel totally relaxed! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I can almost feel the sea breeze. The story is so fun too and I am so happy you caught your sweet pup before she rolled in the seal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Your fabulous creation was selected as a Festive Fave over at the Festive Friday Challenge. Please hop over to the challenge blog to grab your winner’s badge for your blog. Thanks so much for joining us and I hope you will play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky, this is brilliant! I love the soft colours and the scene you created with the gull at the top and the shells at the bottom. I like the label die cut it's on. Very classy! Thanks for getting our theme on at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you created this fabulous beach scene Vicky and that sentiment is perfect. So much creativity in your otherwise clean and simple card. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It for our beach theme challenge and at Festive Friday too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)