Pages

Thursday 14 September 2023

A burst of stenciled leaves

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another challenge from Tic Tac Toe, where inspiration comes 8 different ways! Elizabeth has come up with a great board today:
 

I couldn't wait to get going with the diagonal from top left: Stencil/Free/Foliage because I'd been thinking about combining a few of my stencils to see how it worked out. Well it came out like this:
 

I started off with the Flower Bouquet Builder stencil from MFT, selecting a few different flowers and berries and inking them in a random pattern. The leaves are from the Greetery's Berry Branch stencil. I positioned the larger leaf around the flowers and sponged colour into it. At this point I brought out my coloured pencils and added more intense colour and detail to the flowers and leaves. I wanted the illusion of lots of leaves in the bouquet so I picked some other leaves from the Berry Branch stencil and stenciled them in a paler green so they looked as if they were behind the first leaves and flowers.
 

For further depth, I used Funky Fossil's Fancy Trellis as a background, masking off the bottom of the card and sponging blue ink outwards and upwards to a fade. The sentiment is from Tagged Elegance by the Greetery. To finish,  I stenciled a single flower on a snippet of card and fussy cut it, popping it up on the card, and added some enamel dots.

Okay, so now it's your turn! Which row or column will you choose? Or are you going for one of the diagonals? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe blog to see the amazing samples the team has made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to share your own design with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at the Stencil Fun Challenge where the optional theme is Fall, but Anything Stenciled Goes; I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Stencil challenge where Anything Stenciled Goes; and also playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More where it's the turn of the Any Occasion challenge.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know that I walk and board a selection of gorgeous dogs. I'm not supposed to have favourites but if I did happen to melt at the sight of a certain little golden girl called Lulu, who could blame me?! 

A pair of Grubs! Lulu (left) and Eva (right)









Sadly, Lulu's family have had a crisis, are having to move away and are unable to take their girl with them. I didn't hesitate to offer her a home. I have adored her since the day we started walking together, and Eva and she have always got on well together - often behaving like naughty twins! Luckily OH (perhaps knowing that there would be no peace until he agreed!) gave the go ahead and she will be coming to live with us properly next month after an easing-in period of extra walks, sleepovers and vet visits. Hurrah!!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layered stencilled floral design in beautiful colours Vicky,Lulu is lucky to be joining your family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Vicky, and how lovely you will have a new family member. Sad for her owners, but must be such a relief knowing she’ll have the best life xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the card you created for this challenge. Oh and what happy news to read of your adopting Lulu. What an amazing new home she will have. So nice to read of a happy ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, your flowery stencilled card is BEAUTIFUL, but the golden girls have stolen the show. What exciting news for your household. I predict plenty of golden days ahead. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your combined stenciled card is gorgeous!!! Lucky you and lucky Lulu that you will be one happy family!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful arrangement of flowers and leaves, Vicky! You have taken stenciling to a whole new level! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH! Such a beautiful card, with the addition of the die cuts and stencilling making a little extra. Love it. As for Lulu? How kind of you to take her into your home. God Bless you. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card the colours and placement are just perfect and filled my heart with joy.As for your new addition,how wonderful Eva must be so happy and her previous owners must feel a sigh of relief to know Lulu is going to such a loving family. I look forward to hearing of their adventures.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the corner stenciling! Turned out stunning. Thanks for joining in at HLS Stencil
    ps - GREAT 4-legged addition to your house - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Vicki! I love the subtle background stencil too...smart. You're new addition of Lulu will bring you continued joy, so glad you were able to help out and give her a loving home! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate your time and love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is amazing and I like how you used the stencils!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)