Pages

Saturday 9 September 2023

Autumnal mushrooms

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Are you ready to do some Saturday crafting? Well have a look at the new Code Word at Addicted to CAS, brought to you this time by Ceal:
 

I was thrilled to see this word because it gave me a chance to get my Greetery Mushroom dies out and have a play! I think mushrooms make a lovely autumnal focal point and they're great for male cards.
 

This one is for my eldest nephew whose birthday is in October, and who will be celebrating with a slap up meal at my house this year! It's very simple. I made a stencil out of the waste from die cutting an arch and sponged inks into it. The arch was extended with sticky notes to form the banner and I continued the ink blending with those in place.
 

The mushrooms were die cut from snippets of white card stock and sponged with ink, then I assembled them and glued them to my background. The card was finished with a pair of sentiments I'm enjoying combining lately - Happy Birthday from Uniko's Floral Vines and Have a Wonderful Day from Clearly Besotted's Fly With Me.
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! I know you have some mushrooms in your stash somewhere... why not get them out and make a clean and simple card to share with us! You'll find loads of inspiration at the Addicted to CAS challenge blog and will find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post to link up your own creation. Have fun!

CHALLENGES
This is my homework for The Snippets Playground - I used snippets of white card to die cut my mushrooms and used die cutting waste to make a stencil; I'm also joining in with Four Seasons where Anything Goes with a Fall Theme; it's Anything Goes with a birthday theme at HLS Birthday so I'm linking up there; also Less Is More, which also has an Anything Goes challenge and the cards must be clean and simple of course; I'm also sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge where we showcase our Never Before Used Schtuff.
 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
The summer in the heart of England has been odd this year. It's tended to be warm but damp and the combination has brought the mushrooms out like a rash!  We've seen proper fairy rings appear in the fields behind our house, and who better to frolic about in them...
 

... than our very own fairy queen! She's obviously been trying to magic up some extra treats but it's just not working... we have to watch that waistline madam!

Sending hugs,
 

22 comments:

  1. A perfect masculine card Vicky and always love a stroom or two. And I can see you definitely have Fairies in your neck of the woods.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous autumnal birthday card,your layout is beautiful, great pic of Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully created card, I need to get my mushrooms out and have play, you have inspired me to do so!! It's always great to see your beautiful 'pup' too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your shaped background and the beautiful mushrooms Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your cute die cut mushrooms on the inky background.
    AWW just look at Queen Eva in her fairy ring of 'shrooms.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoops! Forgot I had my Prefect's Badge on - meant to say thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. We have the paddling pool out in an attempt to cool down. Lots of splashing about! Also - extra ice cubes in the Treehouse cocktails! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card for October, great use of the mushrooms and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fascinating card! I live near Kennett Square, PA, noted as the Mushroom Capital of the World....lots & lots of mushrooms, in fact this weekend is the annual Mushroom Festival! But mushrooms have never been a source of stamping inspiration for me! I may have to search my stash to see if I can come up with anything! Very clever and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are seeing lots of mushrooms here too, Vicky! Nothing as magical as these though! Love your coloring and the arched background they are sitting on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my what a fabulous card Vicky.I simply adore this beauty the colours are just glorious and I love the coloured panel with the gorgeous earthy colours.Eva the Diva !!!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. oops forgot to mention thank you for joining us at LIM.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfect card for your son, and Eva always strikes a perfect pose 😍xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful card done up with mushrooms. Super cute. Thanks for sharing this over at LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun Autumn card. I love the mushrooms and the colors you've chosen. thanks for sharing this great card with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. We all look forward to seeing more of your wonderful art.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card! Love the mushrooms!

    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love this Clare! Thanks for playing along with us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card Vicky - so clever to upend the arch shape. Eva is a real star there in her Fairy Ring. Oh how I would love a mushroom omelette right now, this minute!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely autumnal make and a fab pic of your pooch

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  19. That ring of mushrooms is so cool and Ms. Pretty Pup looks so regal in the center!

    As for your card, you have no idea how impressed and grateful I am for it. I bought that set last year and promptly made between 38 and 50 mushrooms. I was so tickled at how cute they turned out. And then ... nothing. My design detonator went on the blink. I spent hours searching Pinterest, Greetery, Google, IG ... I could not find a design that moved me and so I finally just put them all in a baggie and put them away.

    And look here! Today, I got lucky thanks to you! I will be gratefully CASEing your design! It's such a brilliant and beautiful way to showcase the mushrooms without creating a woodsy scene, which I'm not good at doing. Mwah! Thank you and thank you for also inspiring everyone else at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. That blended panel behind the mushrooms is genius. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a wonderful strip of background you created for your lovely mushrooms! Love the fairy ring in your yard!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)