Pages

Friday 15 March 2024

Easter crocuses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's time to remind you that this month's challenge at The Flower Challenge is to create a square floral card. It's always fun to break out of the usual rectangular style so why not come and join in!
 

I've made an Easter card this time, using the Botanicuts Crocus die set from The Greetery. I cut the leaves and flowers out of vellum and used waterbased markers to colour them, then set them aside while I made a background.
 

The grassy foreground was sponged onto a panel using a mask cut with a Lawn Fawn Hillside Border die. I used Clearly Besotted's Sunny Day stencil to create a subtle sunburst (hard to see I know!) and added blue ink sponged round the edges of the panel. The flowers were added in one corner and I stamped a sentiment from Uniko's Everyday Spring Sentiments before attaching the panel to a square card base.

Okay, so now it's over to you! Do hop over to The Flower Challenge blog to check out all the amazing inspiration from the design team. Create a square card using florals, then when you're ready to link up your card, use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post. You have until the 25th of the month to join in - have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Beautiful Blossoms where there's another gorgeous mood board involving purples and yellows! 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
The sun came out in time for our walk today - hooray! The golden girls took the opportunity to career about, have a good old roll, attempt to eat unspeakable things in the fields, chase unsuspecting squirrels and cause general chaos in the countryside! After that, there was just time for Eva to cool off in a handy pool which...
 
 
... wasn't really muddy enough for her as she could still see her reflection! No cup of tea in the world was strong enough to sustain me after this ordeal so I reached out an exhausted and feeble hand for some chocolate truffles instead. 10 out of 10, would recommend!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Definitely a Spring card and so beautiful too Vicky, love you used vellum for the crocus. Before I go, you mentioned the yacht to me? It's coming next week! :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky love your card so much those Crocus look amazing so soft and delicate the colours are perfect, ours are just starting to go over now but they have looked so lovely, Eva seems to look a little disappointed that the water is so clear lol.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the most beautiful crocus dies and I love how you've displayed them as though they're growing wild in a hilly landscape. Your card is lovely! Your Eva is so dear as she enjoys her pause in the pool. I can never get enough of your Golden girls. We had Sophie out to the bay and adjoining woodlands yesterday for her first big outing since her spay surgery. What a beautiful day it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of the comforting truffles after such an exhausting walk.Beautiful card those daffs are divine and the colours are soft and dreamy.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those crocus dies are one of my favorites Vicky and you've used them beautifully on this lovely, lovely Easter card! And I can just slightly see your sun rays peeking through...kind of the reality of where I live in West Michigan with Winter & Spring! Oh well, we take what we get!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have never thought to cut these beauties from vellum, Vicky - but I hope I remember that for next time! Thanks!
    A gorgeous hillside treasure!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such delicate and pretty crocuses, a delightful card!
    Even though I don't see you linked up yet (don't forget!), in case I later draw your number to comment, thanks for sharing it at Beautiful Blossoms! xoxo, Aimeslee DT
    P.S. Truffles are my honey's fave, for me it would be peanut M&M's haha. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't thought to do these crocus dies from vellum! What lovely flowers they make!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is gorgeous, love it!!!
    And your girls had a lot of fun again and you had very tasty truffles!!! A win-win situation!!!*LOL* Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Vicky, I love the soft watercolor like vibes. Your Pup looks amazed at the reflection, such a beautiful dog. Thanks for linking up at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge and we hope you'll share another lovely floral project soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, I just love your briefings about the romps with your golden girls. Even ending with mud - then truffles has me giggling. I love that you include such fun stories with your beautiful cards! And this is a super pretty one! I think your vellum crocuses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I concur, only a chocolate truffle after a wild doggie adventure would do! And I could see your beautiful crocus on the edge of the field, of course not disturbed by the two active pups.

    I adore your pretty vellum die cuts colored with markers. They look stunning with all the ink blending to create the background scene. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I first saw your card I wondered how you got that ethereal look, Vicky. And it was vellum. Brilliant! and absolutelly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card just shouts "Spring!" Thanks for sharing with us at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)