Pages

Saturday 16 March 2024

Cheers me dears!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
We had fun celebrating my youngest son's birthday earlier this week and I thought I'd show you the card I made for him. It was designed to make him smile and I hope it might give you a chuckle too!
 

The sentiment is supposed to be read in a cockney accent. When I used to live in London, I might hear someone say: "Who's that geezer with the dodgy tache?" meaning: " Who is that gentleman with the inappropriate moustache?" Anyway, enough of that...!
 
The drinks are from an older Clearly Besotted set called Raise a Glass. I stamped them on off-cuts of watercolour paper, coloured them with my Arteza Watercolour Brush Pens and fussy cut them. In case you were wondering why the boozy card, my son is not a dipsomaniac but IS a master cocktail maker!
 

The sentiment was made using The Greetery's Slim Alphabet dies which I cut from the matte black packaging my Arteza Brush Pens came in! Waste not want not! I arranged everything on a thick card base, making the letters dance about as if someone had (ahem) imbibed rather too many of the cocktails! I tried to make the cocktails realistic - see if you can spot a Martini, a Margarita, an Old Fashioned (he told me off because it's the wrong glass!), a Singapore Sling, a Cosmopolitan and a Bellini! 


I forgot to take a photo of the snippets before I cut them out but here's a photo of the cuttings!!
 
CHALLENGES
I am of course romping off to the Snippets Playground with my cocktail shaker in my satchel - will tell Miss we're doing scientific experiments! The Male Room's theme is Food & Drink so I'm joining in there too.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
My son kindly brought his cocktail shaker up at Christmas and had great fun devising cocktails for our enjoyment. I took a photo of some of them:

 
... unbelieveably delicious! I would share the recipes but naturally they remain a secret known only to the genius behind their conception ;) The decoration in the second photo was supposed to be frosted cranberries but I hadn't been able to find any so my poor son had to make do with a frozen cherry. Other great artists don't have this kind of nonsense to contend with do they?!!

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. What a fun and fabulous card Vicky, only he would have known it was the wrong glass. I Love the "cockney" greeting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic fun card Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smashing card for son all those pictures of cocktails are ACE I absolutely love cocktails Pina Colada is my all time favourite but I am open to trying some different flavours, lol.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love,love your sons birthday card what a great sentiment !! and of course those fantastic,mouthwatering cocktails look eer so refreshing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic to have an accomplished Mixologist in your family!

    It's a great card, and ALMOST perfect (apart from the wrong glass). Love the alphabet dies. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Vicky. Makes me want a drink even at this early hour. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, but I'll wait for a more appropriate time xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card for your sun! Love how you've "mixed" the drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee, I was highly entertained by this post, Vicky! Your card is a perfect creation for those spirits and they are beautifully colored. So funny about your son being so picky, but any good bartender must have his proper equipment! I'm afraid he'd find quite a mish mash to work with here, lol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining The Male Room blog challenge. What a great card to celebrate your son birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)