Pages

Friday 22 March 2024

Birds of a feather

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Where has the week flown off to? Very little crafting has taken place and my fingers have been feeling quite naked without their usual coating of ink! That was remedied today as I scrolled through Challenges for Days and was instantly inspired.
 

To start this card, I watercoloured a pale green square directly onto a thick cardbase (I've found that as long as I don't use too much water the card doesn't buckle.) I topped this with a circle of vellum, diecut with a Waffleflower nesting die, then added some stamped and fussy cut flowers from The Greetery's Fleur Expressions. The birds are from Robin and Wren, also from The Greetery, and also stamped and fussy cut. 

 
I had fussy cut the birds without a white outline but decided they needed one so, instead of starting again, I glue-dotted the birds to a snippet of white card and fussy cut around them. I quite like the dimensional look it gives them. I positioned them so they look as if they're having a nice chat so decided a Hello sentiment from an Altenew set would be appropriate :)

CHALLENGES
Narelle's beautiful sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was my starting point for this card, along with The Card Concept's gorgeous inspiration photo and colour palette - I have made a Clean and Layered card. I'm also playing along at Allsorts where the optional theme this week is Fur or Feathers, as well as The Snippets Playground where Miss requires us to make a project using snippets. I forgot to take a photo of my snippets but the vellum was a small offcut and I stamped and fussy cut the birds and flowers from white snippets as well as the sentiment.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I love watching the busy little garden birds, fluttering about gathering nesting materials and preparing for their families but, meanwhile, the pigeons are like drunken nightclubbers behaving disgracefully and disturbing the peace!
 

Here's a portly chap cooing sweet nothings into the ear of a flighty miss. Hmmm! Be off with you or I'll release the Beige Beasts!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Vicky,love the layering on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birds definitely think it's Spring and no matter which way we look out of the house Pigeons are reminding us just as it seems they are your way.

    Your Spring card is a delight, just a shame you seem to have arrived at Allsorts after the gates closed, never mind but it would have been perfect.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely Spingtime card Vicky.

    We have quite a few canoodling wood pigeons as well as feral pigeons around here! There are incorrigible!

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for hot chocolate later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so soft and pretty Vicky. We have huge Rooks nests nearby…..you should hear their din! Love all wildlife, but wish we could turn the volume down sometimes 😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicky love the image you have used the colours are so lovely and soft I also love how you have fussy cut the images it really looks amazing, our garden is full of Pigeons I put out food each day and they are always first down the little Blue Tits go into the little tree for their food otherwise they wouldn't get a look in, lol.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooop forgot the thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, such a delicate and pretty scene you've created, love it!
    I'm so glad we don't have pidgeons, you can have them, lol.
    Neighbors across the street have to deal with huge blue herons nesting in their oak trees. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The birds on your card are so sweet, Vicky! The pigeon's not so much. I love how you've used this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!!! I'm thrilled with your perfect coloration!!!
    This morning I watched a magpie getting nuts from the squirrel house. She was very clever at opening the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful scene! I love the soft green and vellum behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a charming card! These soft colors are delightful. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty this is Vicky! Clever idea to mount the birds onto a white outline rather than begin again. The blue tits are Spring cleaning their nesting box - we suspect that there might be a teeny tiny dustpan and brush in there!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Vicky, love the bluebirds on the beautiful blossom. As for the pigeons, they're quite flightie around here too, disgraceful wooing, tooing and froing! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "Birds of a Feather" card is stunning, Clare. I love the colors you used. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at The Card Concept. We're grateful to have you join us and we really hope you'll stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this beautiful card! The watercoloring is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us at the Card Concept Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)