Pages

Sunday 24 March 2024

Spring in the meadow

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Spring is really on its way now and I am so inspired by all the pretty colours in the garden. There are lots of card challenges celebrating flowers and spring too so I rolled up my sleeves and joined in.
 

This fabulous floral is from Waffleflower's Bouquet Builder 3 that I was lucky enough to find as a bargain recently. I stamped the large image off the edge of a panel of watercolour paper that I'd trimmed with a Hemstitch die from Spellbinders.
 

I used a lightish neutral coloured ink and then coloured the image with Arteza watercolour brush pens - yes, they were out on my table again!
 

The sentiment is such a pretty one from The Greetery's Pine Blossom - a set that just keeps on giving in my opinion!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Addicted to CAS where Toni has chosen Bloom as her word prompt; also Little Red Wagon where Chrissy's theme is Florals; Sarah is hosting Allsorts for a two week challenge and has opted for an optional challenge of Keep it Simple; Cathy wants to see Feminine cards at We Love Stamping, and Spring is in the Air at Stamping Sensations, so I'm also joining in there too. Finally, as this floral stamp is Never Before Used Schtuff, I'm twirling over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I did ask the golden girls if they'd like to watch me do some more crafting this afternoon but they decided they'd rather go for a long muddy walk instead. I know who is in charge in this house so I doffed my cap and scurried off to fetch the leads!
 

Here they are, fresh out of the river! They don't look very cheerful do they, but the expressions on their faces represent pure concentration because they know that when I've stopped mucking about with cameras, I am going to be saying those beautiful words that every pup longs to hear:
"Are you hungry?"

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers with the lovely Hemstitch frame! I'm so ready for spring flowers, but there aren't many showing here quite yet. Your Golden girls are looking fresh from their joyful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty floral card, I love it, and love the girls all wet and muddy, bless them..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful spring bouquet, Vicky! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you at We Love Stamping Vicky, thanks so much for joining us! Your watercoloured CAS it's fabulous and speaks about Spring so well with those delicate colours! Love the hemstitch, it adds elegance.
    Your labs make me smile, the magic words are perfect to take them in pose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your golden girls are very delightful and so is your floral card. I love the hemstitch dies, such as pretty frame. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful creative beautifully coloured card as always Vicky,the Spring colours are gorgeous.A great pic of your golden girls

    ReplyDelete
  7. And of course the answer is yes to that question, I know that from experience!

    Lovely fresh sunny Spring colours on your card, we have some lovely blooms and blossoms round and about now, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercolour card, love how it goes off the edge, and that sentiment is so pretty, as are the girls! I agree Spring is the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful floral card from you Vicky. Gorgeous colouring. You're certainly giving your new Arteza pens a good work out.

    The Golden Girls look very attentive! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card - love the corner stamping. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Spring card and love all the pretty flowers.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creation Vicky that image and the soft colours are just a pure delight to the eye I love it thank you for joining us at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping a great picture of the doggies they make me smile
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely fresh design and the die cut border is a wonderful touch. Thanks for joining us at We Love Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love the die cut edge Vicky, the flowers off the edge is just so very lovely. Beautiful colouring too. Poor girls with you making them wait so long. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, so fresh and spring like. Thanks for sharing it with us at we love stamping xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully done - that edge die finishes it perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card, gorgeous image and colours.
    Tanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)