Pages

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Floral notes

Hello, crafting friends!
 
There's a new colour challenge in Blogland! It's called AAA Colourful and is the sister challenge to AAA Cards and AAA Birthday which we all know and love. The challenges start mid-month and close on the 14th so there's time to join in. Come on you crafters - let's show some support!
 

I missed the first challenge but here is the mood board for this month and I couldn't resist these gorgeous colours. Here's what I made:
 

There was a discarded piece of white card that had been die cut with an Arch die on my table, so I stamped it with Waffle Flower's Poppy Hawthorn stamp set which was also out on my desk. (Do you think I should clear up?!) I coloured the flowers with Arteza  watercolour brush pens (also out on my table!!) and left the panel to dry.
 

Meanwhile, I trimmed a piece of Stampin' Up gingham DSP to size and glued it to a card base, adding a coordinating strip of card on the top. The dry floral panel was stamped with a sentiment and a line and secured to the card front with dimensional pads.

CHALLENGES
I'll be linking this card up at AAA Colourful :)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Eva has disgraced herself I'm afraid. We went for a walk at a location we haven't been to for a long time and she was so excited she had a little roll in something very foxy indeed. The drive home was a little er, 'fragrant' and I don't think my OH will be coming out with us again for a while! After a full shampoo and blow dry, normal nasal service was resumed, but Eva looked like this:
 

Sending hugs,

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Vicky and perfect for your challenge photo. You were very clever to use the arch shape this way - it makes for a gorgeous design. I'm glad to hear that Eva is fragrant again after he bath lol! Why are they so attracted to fox poo!!!
    Hope you are well.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gingham and flowers look beautiful together in these wonderful colours Vicky,the raised panel a great idea.Poor Eva was only having fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, oh gosh I know that smell only too well dogs seem to love it maybe they know something we don't, lol. Beautiful card Vicky love the stamps you have used and the lovely soft colours I am also a lover of the gingham paper a super make
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the arch with the pretty flowers, Vicky! The gingham paper makes this so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful and I like the card design!! Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of the flowers on the rounded edge - and the gingham is just the perfect look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful! Always love a "just a note" card, great to have at hand. I also love the design, the combination of the flowers and the gingham paper and the soft colours you've used for the flowers. Beautiful colouring too! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Colourful, hope you'll join us in future challenges too. Take care, keep crafting and stay colourful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)