Pages

Saturday 6 April 2024

Special Delivery

Hello, crafting friends!
 
A rummage in my card drawer revealed that I have no baby cards left and I am going to be needing some by the summer! After a further investigation in my stash, I came to the conclusion that I needed some new stamps! The beautiful Waffle Flower set I used today was a bargain find and I am delighted with it! Come and see:
 

The set comes with a solid background and some stamps to fill in the gaps, which makes it very versatile. I used Spun Sugar distress oxide ink for the background - a stamping platform is a must for even coverage here! - and coloured in the flowers and leaves with Arteza brush pens and a white Posca acrylic paint pen.
 

The adorable little bird was stamped on a snippet of white card. I added details with the paint pen and a black fineliner, then fussy cut him and popped him up on dimensional pads. The card was finished with some pale green enamel dots.
 
I can't wait to play with this set some more!

CHALLENGES
Krafty Chicks latest challenge is to use Stamps so I'm linking up there; I was inspired by the pastel colour theme at Colourful Options - I adore a pastel colour scheme! Triple B are celebrating Blooms Birds and Butterflies as usual, so I'm joining in there as well. Special Delivery is a new stamp set to me so I shall pop over to Darnells NBUS Challenge with this card :)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
After a lovely walk in the sunshine today, the golden girls and I were able to relax in the garden for a bit. Eva is my cover girl today and what a beauty she is!
 

She is the sweetest girl who loves people and other dogs and makes friends wherever she goes. She has enjoyed her training and is pretty reliable now - in fact it's hard to remember that when she was Lulu's age, she had only just settled down from being a terrible wild puppy!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you got great coverage with the Spun Sugar, that's hard to do! lol Such a sweet card, and Eva a sweet girl, well done! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty new baby card made with your new materials.

    Sweet picture of Eva too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pastel tones are beautiful Vicky,your little bird a wonderful finishing touch. Eva is a gorgeous dog

    ReplyDelete
  4. A charming card in delicate pastel colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Vicky I love the stamps you have used also the little birdie great colours and I am in love with both Eva and Lulu
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just precious Vic! And Eva is just beautiful too! lol Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky what a beautiful card and just perfect for our pastels challenge at Colorful Options.That Waffle Flower set is so pretty and can be used in so many ways and I simply adore how clean and simple it is.Thank you so much for playing along with us and a big thank you for posting that gorgeous cover girl Eva she really is one classy lady.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww such a sweet baby card, and what a gorgeous girl Eva is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable new baby card! I think you'll get lots of use from this set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a brilliant new baby card. I can see you are going to enjoy that stamp set. It is ideal for a new baby. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh, the little bird is the sweetest winging its special delivery across the pink background and flanked by those pretty yellow flowers. Eva is a beautiful girl with a kind face. She reminds me so much of my LuLu who I still miss terribly. Sophie is still a wild child, but she's coming around.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card Vicky. I love how you can adapt the stamp and I'm sure it will be well used. Thanks for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)