Pages

Sunday 14 April 2024

Inspired by primulas

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I have been looking after a friend's cat while she (the friend, not the cat!) swanned off in search of fun and sunshine. To welcome her home, I arranged a bunch of spring flowers and made a card to go with them. I was short of time, so this is a very quick but cheery card, just right for the back-from-holiday blues.
 

I reached for a retired Stampin' Up set called Bloom by Bloom, which I've never inked up. It is absolutely perfect for quick stamping! The large flower reminded me of the bright pink primulas which come out in my garden at this time of year, with their happy yellow centres :) I stamped a pattern using a group of three of the flowers to anchor it, and positioned a bold sentiment from Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments in the centre.
 

The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and I mounted it on a Bermnuda Bay panel cut slightly larger. This was attached to a card front and decorated with a few matching gems.

CHALLENGES
The bright colour palette is from Claire's challenge at the Paper Players this week; I'm also linking up at Little Red Wagon where Kate wants us to be inspired by a photo (see In Other News below); and, since this set is seeing ink for the first time, I am visiting Darnell's NBUS Challenge


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have a really tiny garden but I take great pleasure in it. It has a tiny patch of grass, just big enough for a pair of golden retrievers to sunbathe on, which I 'mow' with a little handheld electronic gadget. I don't like the look of naked fence, so I have grown ivy up the fences which attracts loads of little birds for feeding and nesting. And there are flowers (although never enough!) which brighten my days throughout the year :) There's the bright pink primula which inspired today's card and which was one of the first things I planted 23 years ago when we moved here. 


It has self seeded and the one in this photo has settled on the edge of the gravel path. It's not the ideal spot as we trip over it on the way to the water tap, but I thought it was so friendly growing there, close to the house, that I've let it remain.

Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful CAS card to welcome your friend home, can I ask if you ever have time for yourself,you are so generous to all you meet

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were wonderfully inspired by nature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, I just love these gorgeous flowers. Such a fun way to use the color combo! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet little flowers, Vicky, both on the card and in your garden! What a thoughtful gift for your friend returning from vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love this gorgeous CAS style card Vicky those stamps are lovely so are the fabulous colours they are bright and cheerful what a super gesture for your friend
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is wonderful - and made even better by your photo and the story that went along with it. What a treasure that the flowers are still thriving after so many years!

    Thanks for joining us for our “Photograph” challenge at Little Red Wagon this week! I’m so glad that you linked your project!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pretty flowers--the ones on the card as well as the real-life ones! Bright and cheerful! Perfect for our palette! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah...those primula's are fabulous and I love how they inspired this wonderfully bright and cheerful welcome home card. Great use of the colors, Vicky and I bet your friend loved this card. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this Vicky! The bright colours are so fresh against the sharp white background and I love the sentiment font too. How nice to see your inspiration too - that primula clearly wanted to make the pathway its home! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)