Pages

Monday 15 April 2024

The accidental card

Hello, crafting friends!
 
We're halfway through our challenge at The Flower Challenge and we'd love to see your card in the gallery! Layers are the theme this month.

My card was a total accident! For another project, I'd cut a panel with a cover die called Country Garden by Gemini. It needs a shim but I'd forgotten about that, so had ended up with an uncut version. My Arteza watercolour brush pens were (as usual!) out on the table so I amused myself by using some pretty spring colours with a little water and a paint brush to colour the image. It was just ordinary card stock so I wasn't expecting it to work, but I quite liked the result and it was just right for layering.
 

I used a small flower die to cut daisies out of snippets of white card. These were layered over the largest flowers and I found enamel dots in different colours and sizes to decorate the other flowers. The panel was then attached to a card base.


My final layer is a frame from the UFO box which had been cut from white card with a double stitched rectangle die. I backed the frame with foam tape for a bit of extra dimension. The sentiment is from MFT's All Occasion Sentiments, stamped on a snippet of white card, cut out and popped up on dimensional pads.
 

Okay, so it's your turn! My talented team mates have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you and you'll find them over on The Flower Challenge blog post. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post too and can use it to share your own layered floral creation with us. You have until April 25 and we can't wait to see what you make!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm off to The Snippets Playground with this card! Sorry I didn't take photos of my snippets because I didn't know it was going to be a snippets card but the floral panel was a rescued failed die cut, the frame was a left over, and all the other elements were snippets of white card.


AND IN OTHER NEWS 
Lulu is in the doghouse! We'd had a locksmith round and I asked him if he'd make a fuss of the dogs before I shut them in the kitchen while he got on with his work. Once Eva knows who is in the house she is fine, and Lulu took her lead from Eva so there was no barking at all. When the locksmith left, I released the dogs and praised them for their excellent behaviour. I then got on with cleaning the living room. I wanted to give it a good sweeping to get rid of any dog hair, so I popped the pups out in the garden so they wouldn't walk in the sweepings. But twice in a row proved to be a step too far for young Lulu...
 

... and she had started digging a hole before I noticed and was able to stop her! Very frustrating but totally my fault for pushing her further than she could cope with. She will now need to be supervised carefully in the garden so that behaviour is not repeated. Sigh!

Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Your card looks like a carefully planned work of art. We should all have such happy accidents! Lulu, sigh... It's hard to watch her every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layers,textures and colours are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like embroidered intarsia or something, very cool. New technique! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this background and how wonderful that it didn't cut through so it's perfect for painting! What a pretty garden you created and it definitely needed the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rescued the panel and made a fun card out of it, Vicky. Layering some of the flowers gives it a whole new look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the joys of training puppies, but I am sure all will be forgiven soon. Love your card and how lovely that it came out of what you thought was a wasted piece. I have several dies like that and you never remember the trick to a good cut until you have done a bad one. I have found bubble wrap is an excellent shim for those problems. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful floral creation Vicky what a happy accident it turned out to be the colours and different size flowers are so lovely and cheerful just what we need my Jess used to dig holes when she was younger but it was normally when I was working in the garden I think she thought she was my little helper, lol.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Accident?? Oh, it's the most beautiful accident I've ever seen, Vicky! Now you'll have to remember both!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love happy accidents? Your card is a bright joy, Vicky and I especially love how you framed it up and the pretty colors you used. Bad Lulu, but seems pups are always on a learning curve, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A happy accident, it is beautiful and well rescued. I hate throwing anything away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your flower cards are always something special.
    Kaito and Kamo also like to dig in the garden, but luckily not on the lawn, but only in certain places. They can also dig there. Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a delightful card Vicky! Just perfect in every way - and it arose from an accident - wow! Oh dear, Lulu is a scamp! Wry smile from you no doubt.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very happy accident on this super floral project and great use of snippets.

    Thanks, as ever, for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse - not the doghouse!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great rescue - those florals were definitely too pretty to bin! As for Lulu - clearly still more to learn with that one, bless her!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your panel is so pretty and I love that you rescued it for this floral beauty. I love the colors, they do make me smile! Fresh and springy. I hope Lulu is learning not to dig. It will happen!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)