Pages

Wednesday 24 April 2024

Springtime balloons

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I have new babies in my head at the moment and a combination of that and some of my favourite challenges produced this card:
 

It's not a new idea - I know The Greetery has a stamp set featuring flower-filled balloons and SU once had one filled with stars; but it was fun to come up with my own version using the Balloon Bash stencil from Uniko and some flowers and leaves from Stampin' Up and Waffle Flower that were out on my table. I started by stenciling the taller balloon in yellow ink and masking off the outer section with a sticky note mask. I was then able to stamp the flowers and leaves. Next came the pink balloon which I positioned over the yellow one. I sponged the ink very faintly where they overlapped so it would look as if the pink balloon was behind the yellow one. Again, I masked off the outer section and stamped flowers and leaves inside the balloon, using second and third generation stamping for a more faded look. 
 

The balloons were cut out using my sharp paper snips and I tied little cotton bows to the bottom of each. To assemble the card I die cut a white panel with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and attachde it to a card front. Finally, I stamped a sentiment in grey ink and popped the balloons up with dimensional pads.

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in at Allsorts where Mervi's optional theme this week is Balloons, Cupcake Inspirations where the beautiful inspiration photo set me going and Day of the Month Card Club where they want to see us use Two of Something; my colour palette came from Color Dare #597 and since Color Hues have also got a Pink and Yellow theme this fortnight, I'm linking up there again.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm posting this photo especially for my pal Gundi at Papierelle. She is on the design team of Day of the Month Card Club challenge so she will hopefully be amused at seeing double!
 

My little twins - but which one is which?! Lulu is getting so fluffy these days that I sometimes get them mixed up!
 
Gundi has a pair of gorgeous dogs herself and if you like hearing about Eva and Lulu, you're sure to enjoy the antics that Kaito and Kamo get up to! Gundi is also a wonderfully creative crafter who makes cards and other fabulous projects so do go and check out her blog HERE - you'll be glad you did!

Sending hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Wow, love how you created your own balloon images with the stenciling of the balloons and your coloring of the flowers are beautiful. Love the transparency... beautifully created. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare. Vickey, check us out at Double Trouble "CAS" Challenge and join us with your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, this turned out so fabulous! I know which sets you are referring too and I just love that you created these yourself. I absolutely think you did an incredible job. You certainly showcased our colors beautifully. Thanks for coming back to Color Hues for a second helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so pretty! I love the balloons. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore your delicate balloons card, and some clever masking and stencilling, perfect for a new born. Obviously the girls are super cute too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the prettiest balloons I’ve ever seen! It’s a gorgeous card to welcome a new baby.

    I’ll help you out - Lulu is in the left - I think!!!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really bright and happy card Vicky, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    Gorgeous photo of the girls, we have a couple under the weather, sadly old age creeps up.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Vicki,
    I just wanted to tell you how adorable I find your card, a completely different card for the birth. And I wanted to thank you for joining DotMCC and wish you luck... and then at the end of your post you bring tears to my eyes. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your praise for Kaito and Kamo and for my creative works and for recommending my blog to others. I hug you from a distance. Gundi
    PS: Unfortunately we don't accept photos at DotMCC, otherwise you could have linked the photo of your cute lookalikes... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Vicky this is incredibly beautiful those balloons are quite magical they have a look of the Orient I also like the sheen that they have this is a wonderful CAS creation I love it and your girls look so beautiful thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your balloons are beautifully decorated Vicky,the pastel colours perfect for a New baby card. A brilliant pic of the girls

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautifully made card, love the flower filled balloons and the CAS design. The faux stitched edges finish it off so nicely. And how sweet are the dogs!!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The balloons you created are just so sweet! LOVE the little flowers and all of the soft colors you used for your baby card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these are the prettiest balloons ever and you're the creative one piecing your supplies together to create them. Very sweet as a baby card. Your Lulu and Eva look alikes are the most beautiful sight to my eyes. I'll take a peek at Gundi's pair, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards and dogs. I envy you have them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is a stunning design and just beautifully done. Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous balloons at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so diligent, I would have been more lazy, instead cutting the balloons out first, then stamping the flowers, lol. At any rate, looks super and so do your twins. And the vegetation is soooo green, love it, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The balloons are beautiful, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous and sweet balloons card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love these delightful balloons, Vicky! The flowers make them so special!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cool are these balloons!! Love it! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE that you used what you had to make your own flowers balloons!!! These are GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great idea, I love it when I can spark ideas by combining challenges like you've done. The Stencilled balloons look fab and the itsy bitsy flowers are so sweet. Thanks for being inspired by the Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your ballons are exquisite! Sweet idea for a baby card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The balloons look amazing with those tiny delicate flowers! Great take on the challenge colors Vicky! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so beautiful! Stunning, really. Very sweet for a baby. Thank you so much for sharing this delightful card at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)