Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Nostalgic thoughts

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The golden girls and I went on a slightly earlier walk yesterday, mainly because I had one eye on the weather forecast... Sadly, we have had to say goodbye to The Tropics and embrace welly weather again. But that's okay! It gave me the perfect opportunity to abandon the allotment and have a little inky play.
 

With this card I have wandered quite some distance from Comfort Zone Central and ended up in Vintage Village, which is uncharted territory for me! But sometimes it's fun to challenge yourself isn't it :) I imagined overlapping letters, so I masked areas off on a panel and sponged pale brown ink over the edges before stamping them with script stamps from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks. The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die and, for a bit of detail, I cut the centre of the panel out with a label die before replacing it.
 
 
Once the background was glued to my card front, I created a little focal cluster on my letters using a stamp image and postage marks from the Pretty Postmarks set. I topped this with a gorgeous old-fashioned rose from Fleur Impressions, also from The Greetery, stamped and cut out. I added some tiny pearls too for extra prettiness!
 

The sentiment is from a Dovecraft set that I thought would be perfect for this vintage look! I stamped it in brown ink and coloured the little butterfly with a pale pink marker. When I glued it on the panel I left a little bit unglued and curled it up a little.

CHALLENGES
This card was inspired by We Love Stamping where Lynn's challenge for May is anything stamped goes with an optional twist of Vintage. I'm also whisking this card over to Allsorts where huge congratulations are in order as the challenge celebrates its 15th birthday this week! There are amazing prizes, so do come and join in :) 

And talking of 15th birthdays, next month will actually be We Love Stamping's 15th birthday too so save the date for a special celebration there too!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The temperatures may have dropped but there's no need to worry about chilly toes in my house...
 
 
... as the built-in foot warmers are working perfectly! Thanks Eva!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A super design for this Thinking of You card. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have felt out of your comfort zone Vicky but you definitely created a wonderful vintage card,love your overlapping script,layout and focal blossom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at just how wet it is again, lot's of muddy paws.

    Sometimes it's good to get outside our comfort zone and you would never now that's what's happened here, beautifully done. Lovely to see you at our Allsorts 15th Birthday celebrations, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage style card Vicky I love the background you created and that wonderful flower is looks awesome, thank you for joining our challenges at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping, good luck
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything about this post feels warm and cozy -- the colors you chose, and the vintage letters, the photograph itself. Most of all, I can feel the comfort of having Eva looking up at you all soft and fuzzy. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great vintage-mixed media card, Vicky! It is fun to try something different sometimes and you have done it very well! I especially love the curl on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vintage card, love the overlapping letters. Thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping this month. The weather is bonkers isn't it, muddy paws galore:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday I also had to leave the garden because we also got rain, luckily!!! Once for nature and then also for me, I haven't been at the craft table for a long time.
    Leaving your comfort zone is definitely worth it, your card is something completely different, but still beautiful and very delicate. Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a very lovely card Vicky, I love the Vintage look and text background. I could do with one of your girls for feet heaters, :) Thank you for playing at We Love Stamping. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for celebrating Allsorts Challenge this week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely vintage feel card with the pretty little flower cluster added.

    Thanks for joining in during Allsorts special celebrations. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This American learns something new every time I come here. Your 'allotment' - British meaning a gardening/vegetable plot. Thanks, Google! And a loverly vintage card as well. I just happened to have die cut a little label out of the card front I'm working on as well, but stamped inside the abyss instead of replacing it. Yours does indeed add a wonderful interest. And what an immaculate floor with those dogs, mine isn't even that clean without pets, lolol. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely creation Vicky. Sorry you have had to put on the wellies for your walks now. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)