Pages

Saturday 27 July 2024

Let the bells ring out!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I have returned to the land of the vaguely up and running just in time to join in with Christmas in July!
 
At the beginning of the year, I won a bumper prize at one of my favourite challenges The Snippets Playground which included an un-named Crafters Companion stamp set with ringing bells on it. That caught my eye and I had a little play with it today.
 

The stamp was quite small but I stamped it twice at the top of a 4" square card so that it could be the main feature of a CAS one layer card. I used pale brown ink to stamp the image and then coloured the bells with oil-based coloured pencils, including a metallic set for a lovely shine. The fade-out background was added with a brush and pale blue-grey waterbased ink and a brush and I added a bit of more intense colour at the top with a sponge.
 

Using a white acrylic paint pen, details were added to the bells and 'snow' to the background. The card was finished with a curvy sentiment which I thought went well with the ringing bells.
 
CHALLENGES
I'm joining in with Stamping Sensations where stamping is required and the optional theme is Christmas in July; The Daring Cardmakers also have a Christmas in July challenge with the option to use Christmas supplies to make a non-festive card; Peace on Earth which has a lovely mood board from which I chose my colours; and last but not least, I'm linking up with Rudolph Days which has us making festive cards on the 25th of each month (link up runs until the end of the month.)

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Here in the UK, we've all been yearning for a bit of sunshine as we has have an appalling grey summer so far, after a miserable wet winter. And now a heatwave has descended upon us! Lulu has embraced the paddling pool but has no notion of lying peacefully in it to cool off! It's hunting practice for her - and she likes to chase balls in there and murder them.
 
 
Here she is, my little huntress, swaggering out of the pool, leaving a trail of ball corpses in her wake!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:


  1. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous layout and beautiful CAS card Vicky,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now I'm going to challenge myself to use ball corpses in a sentence! I've missed you as things are busy here, too, Vicky, but it's the norm for summer. Congrats on your prize! Your festive ringing bells and lilting sediment have cooled me off nicely in our seemingly never-ending heat wave. I do hope that you get a lovely summer in August ~ you guys deserve it, people and pups! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your colouring is amazing Vicky, I really thought it was printed at first! I can hear the bells chime 😃xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CAS festive make for Rudolph Day. Beautifully coloured. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Vicky, and great colouring! Enjoy the summer sun while you can! :) Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful and very Christmassy card Vicky, love how you coloured the bells. As for summer, today was the first day we have been able to sit in the garden for a period of time, so lovely. I hope it lasts for a while. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've done a fantastic job with these bells, Vicky! And that curvy sentiment goes perfectly with those tolling bells!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully made using the no-line technique.
    And I hope you have enough balls in stock for Lulu?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely! I love the beautiful bells along the top of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card, beautifully coloured.

    Thanks for joining us at the Daring Cardmakers Challenge.

    Helen x
    GDT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again!

    Thanks for joining me at the Rudolph Days Challenge too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)